Hong Jin-joo(Redirected from Jin Joo Hong)
Hong at the 2009 Women's British Open
|Born||28 February 1983|
Seoul, South Korea
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Residence||Helendale, California, U.S.|
|Current tour(s)||LPGA of Korea Tour|
|Former tour(s)||LPGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|LPGA of Korea Tour||2|
|Best results in LPGA major championships|
|ANA Inspiration||72nd: 2007|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T58: 2008|
|U.S. Women's Open||CUT: 2007|
|Women's British Open||T48: 2008|
|Revised Romanization||Hong Jinju|
Born in Seoul, Hong began to play golf when she was 11 years old. After playing on the LPGA of Korea Tour (KLPGA Tour) from 2004 to 2006, she won the 2006 KOLON-Hana Bank Championship, an event co-sanctioned by the LPGA Tour, to earn exempt status on the LPGA the following year. Hong decided to join the LPGA Tour for the 2007 season, moving from South Korea to the United States. After earning about $162,000 during 2007, she made approximately $339,000 the next season. In her three years on the LPGA Tour, Hong recorded two top-10 finishes; a fourth-place finish in the 2008 Evian Masters was her highest finish after becoming fully exempt on the circuit.
In addition to her KOLON-Hana Bank Championship title, Hong earned a win on the KLPGA Tour in the 2006 season. In 2009, she went back to the KLPGA Tour, and four years later she played on the LPGA of Japan Tour. Hong gave birth to a son in 2014, and a subsequent shoulder injury hampered her when she attempted to resume her golfing career. In 2016, Hong won the KLPGA Tour's Fantom Classic in a playoff for her first professional victory since 2006.
Professional wins (3)Edit
LPGA Tour wins (1)Edit
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||29 Oct 2006||KOLON-Hana Bank Championship||−11 (68-67-70=205)||3 strokes||Jeong Jang|
KLPGA Tour wins (2)Edit
- 2006 (1) SK EnClean-Solux Invitational
- 2016 (1) Fantom Classic
Results in LPGA majorsEdit
|Kraft Nabisco Championship||72||CUT||CUT|
|U.S. Women's Open||CUT||DNP||WD|
|Women's British Open||T58||T48||WD|
DNP = did not play
WD = withdrew
"T" = tied
CUT = missed the half-way cut
LPGA Tour career summaryEdit
- Official as of 23 May 2010.
- "Player Biography: Jin Joo Hong". United States Golf Association. Retrieved 22 March 2009.
- Ramstad, Evan (21 March 2009). "A Korean Star's Pain and Progress". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 7 January 2018. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Jin Joo Hong" (PDF). LPGA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Min, Hak-soo (7 November 2016). "Golfer Hong Jin-joo Wins 1st Title in a Decade". The Chosun Ilbo. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "2007 Kraft Nabisco Championship". Golfweek. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2010.