|Born||November 15, 1987|
Incheon, South Korea
Life and careerEdit
JinJoo Lee was born in Incheon, South Korea on November 15, 1987. Lee taught herself to play guitar at the age of 12, to join her family's band as the guitarist. She moved to Los Angeles at 19, where she learned English and attended the Musicians Institute in Hollywood. She is the sister-in-law of gospel singer Sohyang.
JinJoo has performed with JoJo, the Jonas Brothers, Charli XCX, Jordin Sparks, and CeeLo Green's all-female backing band, Scarlet Fever in 2010-11. She is the guitarist for the band DNCE which debuted in 2015.
JinJoo met Joe Jonas in 2009, when touring with the Jonas Brothers Band. She is the only female in the band, and when asked about it said, "It's the best thing ever...because they are very simple. Guys are so simple and easy. I don't know, I love working with guys. It's always been like that for my career. I was the only female in the band the entire time, so I'm very used to it. I'm very comfortable, and they're funny and silly."
- Nicole Mastrogiannis (13 October 2015). "Who is DNCE? Everything You Need To Know". iHeartRadio. Archived from the original on 26 July 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "DNCE Official Website". DNCE. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "JinJoo Lee - Success Stories - College of Contemporary Music - Musicians Institute". Musicians Institute. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "美 록밴드 'DNCE' 이진주 "코리안 파워 포에버!"". Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Who Are The Mysterious Members Of Joe Jonas' New Band DNCE?". MTV News. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- "Joe Jonas Has A New Band — And They Want You To DNCE". MTV News. September 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- "Joe Jonas on New Funk-Pop Party Band DNCE, Second Chances". Rolling Stone. October 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- Kathy Iandoli (26 May 2016). "Jinjoo Lee Interview". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 29 May 2016.