Jason Mercier (born November 12, 1986) is an American professional poker player from Hollywood, Florida. He has won five World Series of Poker bracelets and one European Poker Tour title. Mercier is a member of Team PokerStars Pro and was named the Bluff Magazine Player of the Year for 2009. He was WSOP player of the year in 2016.
Mercier playing at the EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final in 2008
|Born||November 12, 1986|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Mercier has been ranked number one in the world by ESPN and the Global poker index. He holds the record for most weeks spent at number 1 on the GPI, 84. As of January 2018, his live tournament winnings exceed $18,500,000. His 58 cashes at the WSOP account for over $4,500,000 of those winnings.
European Poker TourEdit
In 2008 Mercier made two final tables at the European Poker Tour (EPT). His first was at the EPT San Remo in season 4 where he won the event earning €869,000 ($1,372,893) with a final table that included online professional poker players, and Team PokerStars Pro's Dario Minieri (3rd) and William Thorson (6th). The following season he made his second EPT final table coming in 6th in the 2008 EPT Barcelona event in season 5, earning €227,800 ($324,946). Sebastian Ruthenberg. won the tournament.
In October 2008, he won the EPT London £20,000 High Roller Event. Better known as the "2008 £1 Million Showdown", this non-title event earned Mercier an additional £516,000 ($944,847). The final table included runner-up John Juanda, who had recently won the 2008 World Series of Poker Europe Main Event. Other notable contestants at the final table were online pros Mike "SirWatts" Watson and Isaac Haxton as well as professionals Scotty Nguyen, David Benyamine and Isabelle Mercier.
World Series of PokerEdit
Mercier has won five gold bracelets and made 17 final tables at the WSOP; On June 18, 2016, he became the 24th player to have won at least five bracelets. In addition to his tournament victories, Mercier has made the final table twice at the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event, finishing 4th in 2009 for £267,267 and 8th in 2012 for €84,672.
World Series of Poker BraceletsEdit
|2009||$1,500 Pot Limit Omaha||$237,415|
|2011||$5,000 Pot Limit Omaha (Six Handed)||$619,575|
|2015||$5,000 No Limit Hold'em (Six Handed)||$633,357|
|2016||$10,000 2-7 No Limit Draw Lowball Championship||$273,335|
|2016||$10,000 H.O.R.S.E Championship||$422,874|
North American Poker TourEdit
Mercier won the 2010 NAPT Mohegan Sun $25,000 Bounty Shootout tournament earning a total of $475,000. He beat a final table which included Sam Stein, who finished runner-up in the NAPT Venetian Main Event, and Faraz Jaka, who finished 5th at the NAPT Venetian Bounty Shootout event. In 2011, he repeated as the NAPT Mohegan Sun Bounty Shootout champion, not only winning the event, but also collecting the most bounties for a total of $246,600.
World Championship of Online PokerEdit
On September 21, 2010, Mercier won his first WCOOP bracelet in Event 42, besting a field of 3,122 runners.
|2010||Event 42||$1,050 No Limit Hold’em||$435,862.07|
|2012||Event 64||$10,300 8-Game (High-Roller)||$253,425.00|
Spring Championship of Online PokerEdit
On May 15, 2014, Mercier won his first SCOOP title in Event 34-M. With three more titles in 2015 and one in 2016, Jason has a total of 5 SCOOP titles.
|2014||Event 34-M||$215 8-Game||$21,242.00|
|2015||Event 5-H||$2,100 FL Badugi||$39,200.00|
|2015||Event 8-H||$2,100 NL 5 Card Draw||$34,400.00|
|2015||Event 20-H||$2,100 NL Hold'em [4-Max]||$178,457.73|
|2016||Event 42-M||$215 PL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max]||$22,572.00|
- "Jason Mercier bio". EpicPoker.com. Archived from the original on September 10, 2011. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Butt, Robert. "Jason Mercier - Results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved October 7, 2008.
- "Jason Mercier - profile". pokerpages.com. Archived from the original on September 28, 2008. Retrieved October 7, 2008.
- Hartness, John (October 6, 2008). "PokerStars.net EPT London £1 Million Showdown Day 2". PokerNews.com. Retrieved October 7, 2008.
- "Jason Mercier (treysfull21) Wins Bluff Player of the Year Award". www.pocketfives.com. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "Poker Blog". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "Jason Mercier - WUH674 - United States - The Official Global Poker Index – GPI Rankings". www.globalpokerindex.com. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "Jason Mercier's profile on The Hendon Mob". The Hendon Mob Poker Database. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, wsop.com
- Rodriguez, Julio (September 21, 2010). "Jason Mercier Wins Event No. 42 at PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved September 22, 2013.