National Route 18 (国道18号, Kokudō jūhachi-gō) is a national highway connecting Takasaki, Gunma and Joetsu, Niigata in Japan. A section of the highway is designated as a part of the Japan Romantic Road.
|Length||193.9 km (120.5 mi)|
- Length: 193.9 km (120.5 mi)
- Origin: Takasaki, Gunma (originates at junction with National Route 17)
- Terminus: Jōetsu, Niigata (ends at Junction with National Route 8 and National Route 350)
- Major cities: Komoro, Ueda, Chikuma, Nagano
Municipalities passed throughEdit
This article contains a bulleted list or table of intersections which should be presented in a properly formatted junction table.(November 2021)
- Gunma Prefecture
- Nagano Prefecture
- Niigata Prefecture
Among other sections already finished, a bypass running on the west side of the Chikuma River from the extreme southern part of Nagano City to Ueda is currently under construction. As of 2008, only a small amount of sections of this bypass has been completed. The completed sections are in Ueda, just west of the Chikuma River, and in Chikuma from Inariyama to just south of Yawata.
- ^ "一般国道の路線別、都道府県別道路現況" [Road statistics by General National Highway route and prefecture] (PDF) (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- ^ 一般国道１８号 (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Kanto Regional Development Bureau. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2010.
- ^ "Japan Romantic Road". japan-guide.com. 13 May 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2021.