The January 2014 Northern Nigeria attacks were a set of terrorist massacres that occurred in January 2014 at Kawuri, Borno state and in Chakawa village, Madagali Local Government Area, Adamawa State respectively (on 2 separate occasions in the latter location). All of the attacks have been blamed on Boko Haram.
In Kawuri, a village in Konduga Local Government, Borno State (located some 37 kilometers southeast of Maiduguri), some 85 people were slain overnight. The attacks have been blamed on Boko Haram.
In Chakawa (also known as Waga Chakawa) the throats of several church worshippers were slit, while others were shot. An estimated 31 people were killed, but this was revised to the figure of 41.
The final death toll has been put at least 138 people.
- Gunmen invade church, kill pastor, 10 worshippers in Adamawa. Samuel Agada, Daily Post Nigeria. February 2, 2014.
- Kill Pastor, 10 worshippers In Adamawa. February 2, 2014 - 5:31am | Lara Adejoro, Daily Times of Nigeria.
- BBC world news, 27 January 2014.Nigeria 'Boko Haram' attacks leave scores dead.
- Communal unrest turns deadly in Nigeria. AlJazeera English website. Accessed 25 May 2014.
- Gunmen kill worshippers at Nigeria church. AlJazeera English website. Accessed 25 May 2014.
- HARUNA UMAR. 85 dead in Nigerian village massacre. January 28, 2014 at 09:14pm.
- Boko haram: 85 dead and counting in northeast Nigeria village[dead link], Wednesday, 29 January 2014 12:36.
- Reuters News Agency.Death toll in northeast Nigeria attack rises to 85, Tue Jan 28, 2014.
- Ibrahim-Gwamna Mshelizza. Not Less Than 50 Killed In Kawuri Today. The Nigerian Voice. 27 January 2014.
- "How Boko Haram Slit Throats Of Church Worshippers In Adamawa [GRAPHIC] | 9JAOLOFOFO™". 9jaolofofo.com.ng. Archived from the original on 2014-05-25. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- By Saharareporters, New York Jan, 29 2014, 9:01AM. Adamawa Bishop Says Boko Haram Killed 31 Of His Parishioners.
- Sunday, 02 February 2014 05:00. Kabiru R. Anwar, Chakawa death toll rises to 41; pastor killed in fresh Hyambula attack.
- Ndahi Marama & Umar Yusuf, January 29, 2014. Adamawa church attack: Death toll rises to 138. Vanguard Nigeria.