Janine Marie Lindemulder (born November 14, 1968), also known as Janine Marie James, is an American exotic dancer and adult film actress, best known for her work in American pornographic films (typically credited as just Janine) during the mid-1990s and since a 2004 comeback. Lindemulder has appeared in several music videos for bands including Blink-182 as well as appearing on the cover of the band's 1999 album Enema of the State.
Lindemulder in Los Angeles, February 2010
Janine Marie Lindemulder
November 14, 1968
La Mirada, California, U.S.
|Other names||Janine, Dakota, Janine Lindemuller|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
Grant S. Motshagen
(m. 1988; div. 1996)
(m. 2002; div. 2004)
(m. 2009; div. 2010)
Janine Lindemulder modeled for Penthouse magazine, making her first appearance in the December 1987 issue, as the Pet of the Month. She appeared several more times in Penthouse over the next ten years, and was chosen as Pet of the Year Runner-Up for 1990.
Lindemulder attempted to branch out into mainstream films early in her career. Her first role came in the 1988 Italian film titled Bersaglio sull'autostrada. Known as Moving Target in English-speaking countries, she was credited as Janine Linde; the film also starred Linda Blair of The Exorcist fame. She went on to act in other lower-tier mainstream films, including Spring Break USA and Caged Fury. Both films achieved minimal success. Her appearance in Penthouse led to a role in a video released by that company, titled Penthouse Satin & Lace, that featured various models from the magazine. This feature opened the door for her eventual debut in pornographic films.
Adult film careerEdit
Lindemulder made her adult film debut in the 1992 feature Andrew Blake's Hidden Obsessions. She was featured in two more adult movies before joining Vivid Video as an exclusive "contract girl" (who are collectively referred to as the Vivid Girls). Under the terms of her original Vivid contract, Lindemulder only performed sex scenes with other women. Her first Vivid release was titled Parlor Games, and she would go on to be featured in over fifty other titles for the company.
During her initial tenure with Vivid, Lindemulder continued to branch out into other forms of entertainment. She formed half of the exotic dancing duo Blondage, along with fellow adult film performer Julia Ann; the duo even headlined several videos for Vivid.
Modeling and actingEdit
In 1997, she played wife of a camp director in the Howard Stern film Private Parts. She also appeared on Stern's television and radio shows as a featured guest. Lindemulder was the cover model for blink-182's album Enema of the State, and appeared in their video for the song "What's My Age Again?" as a nurse.
Retirement and comebackEdit
In 1999, Lindemulder announced that she was leaving the adult film industry to pursue a career as a kindergarten teacher. She added that another reason she was retiring was to focus more on raising her child. Her retirement lasted until April 2004, when she announced that she would be making a comeback – now, performing with men and women. She signed with her former company, Vivid Video, and starred in eight new films. Her first film scene with a male was with Nick Manning in Maneater. After her comeback deal with Vivid expired, Lindemulder signed with Vivid rival Digital Playground and starred in a handful of features for them, including Pirates in 2005.
Marriage to Jesse JamesEdit
Lindemulder married West Coast Choppers founder Jesse James on October 20, 2002. Their marriage was documented in the Discovery Channel special Motorcycle Mania 3. Lindemulder and James, who had one daughter together, Sunny James, on January 1, 2004, and divorced in 2004.
During Lindemulder's incarceration, Jesse James was awarded custody of their daughter, Sunny. Upon Lindemulder's release, James and Lindemulder engaged in a custody battle over their daughter. Lindemulder has weekly visitation rights limited to daytime hours. Her request for expanded visitation rights was denied by an Orange County family court. Following her release from federal prison, she spent time living in a half-way house in Oregon. In 2010 Lindemulder opposed James' planned move to Austin, introducing evidence that Sunny stayed with Sandra Bullock during Lindemulder's rehab stint in Arizona.
Lindemulder was arrested in May 2003 for assaulting husband Jesse James. James filed for a temporary restraining order and legal separation from Janine Lindemulder in May 2003, after she attacked him in their Seal Beach, California house. Janine became angry when she arrived back at the house and discovered Jesse loading her possessions into a truck. According to court documents, James said, "She began screaming and yelling at me...and punching me. She punched me in the face several times." Jesse was unable to defend himself because his right arm had recently undergone surgery. According to court documents, by the time the police arrived, Lindemulder had already hit James in the back of the head with a flowerpot, and attacked him with a metal sculpture. James also claimed that Lindemulder punched him in the eye on February 13, 2003 - and attempted to run him over with a vehicle in May of that year.
In August 2008, Lindemulder pleaded guilty to federal misdemeanor charges of willful failure to pay federal income taxes. She had failed to pay nearly $300,000 in back taxes. She had made a down payment on a $647,000 house and bought two new vehicles – despite being aware of her tax debt obligations. She faced up to one year in prison, and a $100,000 fine.
In December 2008, Lindemulder began serving a six-month federal prison sentence. The judge also ordered that she live in a residential community corrections center for up to six months after her release from prison, that she complete one year of supervised release, and that she repay the federal government $294,000 in back taxes. Lindemulder was incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Complex, Victorville, in Adelanto, California. She was released, after serving four months, on July 13, 2009. She was planning to blog from prison by writing letters to her webmaster and complete her GED. She stated in a December 8, 2009 phone interview on the Howard Stern Show that she did not engage in sex while in prison, as she "didn't want to risk [additional jail time]."
- 1994 XRCO Award - Best Girl-Girl Scene (Hidden Obsessions) with Julia Ann
- 1994 AVN Award - Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Film (Hidden Obsessions) with Julia Ann
- 1997 AVN Award - Best Tease Performance (Extreme Close-Up)
- 2000 AVN Award - Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Film (Seven Deadly Sins) with Julia Ann
- 2000 AVN Award - Best Supporting Actress, Film (Seven Deadly Sins)
- 2002 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2006 AVN Award - Best All-Girl Sex Scene (Pirates) with Jesse Jane
- 2006 AVN Award - Best Actress, Video (Pirates)
- 2006 XRCO Award - MILF of the Year
- 2006 XRCO Hall of Fame inductee
- 2007 AVN Award - Best Sex Scene Coupling, Film (Emperor) with Manuel Ferrara
- "EXCLUSIVE: Jesse James' Ex-Wife Splits With Husband To Pursue Custody Claim". Radar Online. June 15, 2010. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Janine is Back - and This Time She's Doing Boys". business.avn.com. April 9, 2004.
- "Complete Penthouse Pets List". penthousepets.net. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "Penthouse Back Issues With Model Listings". Archived from the original on January 30, 2009. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- "Moving Target (1988)". IMDb. March 10, 1990. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "Janine Lindemulder". IMDb. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Janine Lindemulder's Page At Gamelink Retrieved May 5, 2008
- "Vivid Stars Chasey Lain, Jenteal, Janine, Julia Ann, and Raylene Will Star".[permanent dead link]
- "Blondage Reunites for Adult Emergency Fund Fundraiser".[permanent dead link]
- "Janine Confirms She is Leaving Porn".[permanent dead link]
- "AVN - First Day Numbers Indicate Vivid Film Featuring Janine's First Boy/Girl Scene a Hit".
- "Digital Playground Adds Janine to Roster".[permanent dead link]
- "AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. January 9, 2006. Retrieved July 22, 2007.
- "Janine Loves Jenna About to Raise Hell".[permanent dead link]
- Chiu, Alexis (March 14, 2007). "Sandra Bullock Adores Family Role". People magazine. Retrieved May 2, 2007.
- "Jesse James Biography". biography.com. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "Sandra Bullock Battles Porn Star Janine Lindemulder for Child Custody". cbsnews.com. October 29, 2009. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- Canning, Andrea; Goldwert, Lindsay; Marikar, Sheila (November 6, 2009). "Jesse James: Leave Sandra Bullock Out of Custody Fight". ABC News. Retrieved November 6, 2009.
- "Sandra Bullock's husband wins custody battle - CNN.com". CNN. December 9, 2009. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- "Porn star loses visitation rights battle with ex-husband Jesse James". Los Angeles Times. December 7, 2009. Retrieved December 9, 2009.
- "Jesse James and Janine Lindemulder Drag Sandra Bullock in Custody Case". National Ledger. July 13, 2010. Archived from the original on July 16, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- "Sandra Bullock | Bullock's New Man Beaten Up By Estranged Wife". Contactmusic.com. April 8, 2004. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Docket entry 10, Petition to Enter Plea of Guilty, Aug. 22, 2008, case no. CR 08-60047-HO, U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
- "Adult film star pleads guilty to tax evasion", Aug. 23, 2008, The Register-Guard, Eugene, Oregon, at .[dead link]
- Sowell, John (December 12, 2008). "Adult film star sentenced to prison". The News Review. nrtoday.com. Retrieved April 7, 2010.
- Sullivan, David (August 22, 2008). "Janine Pleads Guilty to Tax Charges". Adult Video News. Retrieved March 14, 2009.
- Sowell, John (August 23, 2008). "Former Douglas County porn star pleads guilty to tax charge". The News Review. nrtoday.com. Retrieved April 7, 2010.
- "Inmate Locator". bop.gov. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Edward Duncan (March 6, 2009). "Free Janine: AVN Hall of Famer Blogs from the Pen". Adult Video News. Retrieved March 14, 2009.
- "Howard interviews Janine Lindemulder - pt. 2". YouTube. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "XRCO past winners". Archived from the original on October 7, 2007. Retrieved December 23, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved December 23, 2007.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on October 2, 2008. Retrieved December 23, 2007.
- Hunter, Tod (April 6, 2007). "Hillary Scott Big Winner at XRCO Awards". XBIZ.com. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "XRCO 2006 AWARD CATEGORIES, NOMINATIONS, AND WINNERS". April 5, 2007. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- "2007 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. January 16, 2007. Archived from the original on March 7, 2009. Retrieved June 19, 2007.