Dame Jane Elizabeth Dacre, DBE is a British rheumatologist and medical scholar. She is Professor of Medical Education at University College London, director of UCL Medical School, and past medical director of the MRCP(UK) exam. In April 2014, she was elected to succeed Sir Richard Thompson as President of the Royal College of Physicians of London. She had previously served as Academic Vice President of the College. In 2018 Andrew Goddard was elected as her successor; she will therefore be demitting as president in September 2018.
She studied at the University College Hospital Medical School, graduating with a medical degree in 1980. She trained in rheumatology at St Bartholomew's Hospital and now practices at the Whittington Hospital in North London. She has made contributions to the physical examination of the musculoskeletal system and developed an interest in medical education. Recent work has included study of the performance of doctors at postgraduate exams, including the influence of gender and ethnic background.
- "Professor Jane Dacre is elected president of the Royal College of Physicians" (Press release). Royal College of Physicians. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Perspective: Jane Dacre". The Lancet. 371 (9631): 2165. 28 June 2008. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(08)60941-1.
- Anonymous (26 March 2018). "Dr Andrew Goddard wins RCP presidential election". RCP London. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Anonymous. "Prof Jane Dacre". University College London Institutional Research Information Service. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Dacre, Jane. "The Development of a New Method of Knowledge Assessment: Tailoring a Test to a Doctor's Area of Practice". Academic Medicine. 84 (8): 1003–7. doi:10.1097/ACM.0b013e3181ace774.
- Unwin, Emily. "Sex differences in medico-legal action against doctors: a systematic review and meta-analysis". doi:10.1186/s12916-015-0413-5.
- Woolf, K. "The mediators of minority ethnic underperformance in final medical school examinations: A longitudinal study". doi:10.1111/j.2044-8279.2011.02060.x. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- "HSJ100 2015". Health Service Journal. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- Anonymous (28 May 2018). "Doctors' gender pay gap 'to be eliminated'". BBC News. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "No. 62310". The London Gazette (Supplement). 9 June 2018. p. B7.
Sir Richard Thompson
| President of the Royal College of Physicians
|This United Kingdom biographical article related to medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|