Jamon Brown (born March 15, 1993) is an American football guard for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Louisville and was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Brown with the St. Louis Rams
|No. 68 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||March 15, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||340 lb (154 kg)|
|High school:||Fern Creek|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 3 / Pick: 72|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Brown was a starter for the Louisville Cardinals from 2014 to 2015.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 3 5⁄8 in
|34 3⁄8 in
|9 3⁄4 in
|5.08 s||1.74 s||2.95 s||4.61 s||7.36 s||24 in
|8 ft 7 in|
|All values from NFL Draft|
St. Louis / Los Angeles RamsEdit
Brown was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the 3rd round, 72nd overall, in the 2015 NFL Draft. He signed a rookie contract worth $2,496,158 over four years. On November 17, 2015, he was placed on injured reserve due to a lower leg fracture. He then returned to play right guard for the Rams.
In 2017, Brown opened the season as the starting right guard. He started all 16 games.
On July 3, 2018, Brown was suspended the first two games of the 2018 season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. In his absence, Austin Blythe took over Brown's previous starting role at right guard, and kept the job upon Brown's return from suspension. On October 30, 2018, he was waived by the Rams.
New York GiantsEdit
On March 13, 2019, Brown signed a three-year, $18.75 million contract with the Atlanta Falcons. Brown competed with veteran James Carpenter and rookie Chris Lindstrom for a starting guard spot. He was named a backup guard to start the season, but was named the starting right guard prior to Week 2 following an injury to Lindstrom.
Brown married his childhood sweetheart, Micquel Brown, in 2016. They have a daughter named Micayla.
- "Cards' Jamon Brown slims down for Sr. season".
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile - Jamon Brown". nfl.com. March 1, 2015. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Louisville OT Jamon Brown : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- "2015 NFL Draft Results: Rams Pick Louisville OT Jamon Brown with Early Third Round Pick". TurfShowTimes.com. May 1, 2015. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- Lyons, Joe (November 17, 2015). "Rams report: Team makes multiple moves to fill out roster". STLToday.com. Retrieved November 29, 2015.
- Teope, Herbie (July 3, 2018). "Rams OL Jamon Brown suspended two games". NFL.com.
- "Austin Blythe remains Rams' starting RG, Jamon Brown to be backup". Rams Wire. USA Today. September 21, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Simmons, Myles (October 30, 2018). "Rams Waive OL Jamon Brown as Corresponding Roster Move for Fowler". TheRams.com.
- Eisen, Michael (October 31, 2018). "Giants acquire Guard Jamon Brown off waivers". Giants.com.
- McFadden, Will (March 13, 2019). "Falcons agree to terms with Jamon Brown". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Conway, Kelsey (September 10, 2019). "Falcons depth chart: Kaleb McGary, Jamon Brown named starters". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- "About JB".