James Maloney (Canadian politician)
James Maloney MP is a Canadian lawyer and politician, who was elected to the House of Commons of Canada in the 2015 election. He represents the electoral district of Etobicoke—Lakeshore as a member of the Liberal Party caucus.
|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||Bernard Trottier|
|Toronto City Councillor for Ward 5 (Etobicoke—Lakeshore)|
July 7, 2014 – November 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Peter Milczyn|
|Succeeded by||Justin Di Ciano|
|Born||Thunder Bay, Ontario|
|Political party||Liberal Party of Canada|
|Alma mater||University of Windsor |
University of Wales, Cardiff
He was campaign manager for Toronto City Councillor Mark Grimes in the 2010 municipal election, and was later appointed to city council in 2014 to represent Ward 5 (Etobicoke—Lakeshore) as interim councillor following the resignation of Peter Milczyn from the council.
|Canadian federal election, 2015|
|New Democratic||Phil Trotter||7,030||10.9||9.4||–|
|Animal Alliance||Liz White||233||0.4||–||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||64,508||100.0||$231,726.75|
|Total rejected ballots||307||0.47||0.03|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||13.22|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- James V. Maloney, Hughes Amys LLP.
- "Liberal James Maloney wins Etobicoke-Lakeshore". Toronto Star, October 19, 2015.
- "Etobicoke seniors mingle with Trudeau". Inside Toronto, September 12, 2013.
- "Toronto council votes Ceta Ramkhalwansingh, James Maloney in caretaker council roles". CBC News, July 7, 2014.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Etobicoke—Lakeshore, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2015-08-15 at the Wayback Machine