Jamahal Hill (born May 19, 1991) is an American professional mixed martial artist. He currently competes in the Light Heavyweight division, where he is ranked #6, in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
May 19, 1991
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Other names||Sweet Dreams|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|Reach||79 in (201 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States|
|Team||Black Lion Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (2010–present)|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Hill moved to Grand Rapids when he was 12. He graduated from Rogers High School in Wyoming, Michigan. After passing on a basketball career at Davenport University, Hill started competing in professional mixed martial arts in 2017.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Starting his career in 2017, Hill started his professional career 5–0, four of the five fights coming under the KnockOut Promotions banner. In just his fourth professional fight Hill defeated future UFC fighter Dequan Townsend despite Townsend having twenty-six pro appearances prior to that bout.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Hill faced Klidson Abreu on May 30, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns. He initially won the fight via technical knockout in the first round, but the fight was later overturned on September 3 because Hill tested positive for marijuana. He was suspended six months and fined 15% of his fight purse.
Hill faced Ovince Saint Preux on December 5, 2020 at UFC on ESPN 19. At the weigh-ins, former interim UFC Light Heavyweight Championship challenger Ovince Saint Preux weighed in at 207.5 pounds, one and a half pounds over the light heavyweight non-title fight limit. The bout proceeded at a catchweight and Saint Preux was fined 20% of his individual purse, which went to Hill. Hill won the fight via technical knockout in the second round.
Hill was scheduled to face Paul Craig on March 20, 2021 UFC on ESPN 21. However on March 10, Hill withdrew from the bout after testing positive for COVID-19. The pairing with Craig remained intact and took place on June 12, 2021 at UFC 263. Early in the first round Craig locked in an armbar and dislocated Hill's elbow, however Hill did not tap and was hit with numerous elbow strikes losing via technical knockout in round one.
Hill was scheduled to face Jimmy Crute on October 2, 2021 UFC Fight Night 193. However in early September, the bout was rescheduled two months later at UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Aldo. He won the fight via knockout in the first round. This win earned him the Performance of the Night award.
In his first UFC main event, Hill faced Johnny Walker on February 19, 2022 at UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill. He won the fight via knockout in the first round. The win earned Hill his second Performance of the Night bonus award.
Hill has six children, who range in age from 2 to 14 years old, as of June 2021.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- KnockOut Promotions
- KOP Light Heavyweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|13 matches||11 wins||1 loss|
|Win||11–1 (1)||Thiago Santos||TKO (punches and elbows)||UFC on ESPN: Santos vs. Hill||August 6, 2022||4||2:31||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||10–1 (1)||Johnny Walker||KO (punch)||UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill||February 19, 2022||1||2:55||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||9–1 (1)||Jimmy Crute||KO (punches)||UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Aldo||December 4, 2021||1||0:48||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||8–1 (1)||Paul Craig||TKO (elbows and punches)||UFC 263||June 12, 2021||1||1:59||Glendale, Arizona, United States|
|Win||8–0 (1)||Ovince Saint Preux||TKO (punches)||UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori||December 5, 2020||2||3:37||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (207.5 lb) bout; Saint Preux missed weight.|
|NC||7–0 (1)||Klidson Abreu||NC (overturned)||UFC on ESPN: Woodley vs. Burns||May 30, 2020||1||1:51||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Originally a TKO (knee to the body and punches) win for Hill; overturned after he tested positive for marijuana.|
|Win||7–0||Darko Stošić||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. dos Santos||January 25, 2020||3||5:00||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States|
|Win||6–0||Alexander Poppeck||TKO (punches and elbows)||Dana White's Contender Series 21||July 23, 2019||3||0:22||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||5–0||William Vincent||TKO (retirement)||Lights Out Championship 2||February 16, 2019||3||5:00||Miami, Florida, United States||Catchweight (225 lb) bout.|
|Win||4–0||Dequan Townsend||Decision (unanimous)||KnockOut Promotions 62||June 30, 2018||5||5:00||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States||Won the KOP Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Win||3–0||William Vincent||Decision (unanimous)||KnockOut Promotions 61||April 21, 2018||3||5:00||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States|
|Win||2–0||Mike Johnson||TKO (punches)||KnockOut Promotions 59||December 16, 2017||1||4:45||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Win||1–0||Alex Davidson||Decision (unanimous)||KnockOut Promotions 58||September 30, 2017||3||5:00||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States||Catchweight (215 lb) bout.|
- "Stats | UFC". ufcstats.com. Retrieved 2020-10-04.
- Jim Norton; Matt Serra (December 7, 2021). "Jamahal Hill and Vince Morales" (Podcast).
- "Jamahal Hill | UFC". UFC.com. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- Joe Aulisio (2019-07-23). "Grand Rapids fighter earns UFC contract". woodtv. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Ivan Surlina (2020-12-05). "UFC Vegas 16: Jamahal Hill is the fighter to watch". fansided. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- Cruz, Guilherme (2019-07-23). "Contender Series results: Three fighters earn UFC deals". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Curtis Blaydes To Battle Junior Dos Santos At UFC Raleigh". UFC. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Anderson, Jay (2020-01-25). "UFC Raleigh Results: Jamahal Hill Picks Apart Darko Stosic, Wins Debut". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- Staff (2020-05-04). "A light heavyweight bout between Jamahal Hill and Klidson Abreu is set for UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Burns". theringreport.com. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Marc Raimondi (September 3, 2020). "Four UFC fighters suspended, fined for positive drug tests". ESPN. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
- Nolan King (2020-10-21). "Ovince Saint Preux vs. Jamahal Hill added to UFC event on Dec. 5". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- Staff (2020-12-04). "UFC on ESPN 19 weigh-in results: One fighter heavy, but 11 fights official". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- Anderson, Jay (2020-12-05). "UFC Vegas 16 Results: Jamahal Hill Endures Leg Kick Attack, Stops OSP". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- Nolan King (2021-01-15). "UFC adds Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill to March 20 lineup". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- Farrah Hannoun (2021-03-10). "UFC on ESPN 21 co-main event scrapped after Jamahal Hill forced to withdraw from Paul Craig bout". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- Redactie (2021-03-24). "Multiple UFC fights announced, including Craig vs. Hill". mmadna.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-03-24.
- Heck, Mike (2021-06-12). "Manager: Jamahal Hill's arm dislocated, not broken, in UFC 263 loss to Paul Craig". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-06-12.
- "Jimmy Crute vs. Jamahal Hill booked for UFC Fight Night on Oct. 2". MMA Junkie. 2021-07-09. Retrieved 2021-07-10.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2021-09-06). "Jimmy Crute vs. Jamahal Hill targeted for UFC event on December 4". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-09-07.
- Anderson, Jay (2021-12-04). "UFC Vegas 44: Jamahal Hill Flatlines Jimmy Crute". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- Steven Marrocco (2021-12-05). "UFC Vegas 44 post-fight bonuses: Clay Guida picks up 10th performance check just shy of 40th birthday". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- DNA, MMA (2022-01-03). "Johnny Walker vs. Jamahal Hill toegevoegd aan UFC evenement op 19 februari in Las Vegas". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2022-01-03.
- Prawdzik, Chris (2022-02-19). "UFC Vegas 48: Jamahal Hill Drops Johnny Walker In Highlight Reel Finish". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2022-02-20.
- Chris Taylor (2022-02-19). "UFC Vegas 48 Bonus Report: Kyle Daukaus among four 'POTN' winners". bjpenn.com. Retrieved 2022-02-19.
- "UFC books Thiago Santos vs. Jamahal Hill for Aug. 6 headliner". MMA Junkie. 2022-05-05. Retrieved 2022-05-05.
- Anderson, Jay (2022-08-07). "Jamahal Hill Stops Thiago Santos, UFC Vegas 59 Ends Up with 100% Finish Rate". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "UFC on ESPN 40 bonuses: Jamahal Hill vs. Thiago Santos main event war among 5 total winners". MMA Junkie. 2022-08-07. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- Thomas Gerbasi (June 10, 2021). "The Humbling Home Life Of Jamahal Hill". Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- "Dequan Townsend vs. Jamahal Hill". tapology. 2020-03-05. Retrieved 2020-07-23.
- Mike Bohn (March 2, 2022). "MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for February: Jamahal Hill crushes Johnny Walker". MMAjunkie.com.
- Sherdog.com. "Jamahal Hill". Sherdog. Retrieved 2020-08-07.