Jakob Tordsson Bagge (May 1, 1502 – January 14, 1577) was a Norwegian born, Swedish admiral and nobleman.
|Born||May 1, 1502|
|Died||January 14, 1577 (aged 74)|
Bagge was born the son of Norwegian nobleman Thord Olofsson Bagge and his wife Ingeborg Jakobsdotter. Both he and his father were first in the military service of Denmark. He entered Swedish military service for King Gustav Vasa in 1522. He fought for Sweden in the Count's Feud of 1534–1536. He took part in the suppression of the rebellion of Nils Dacke in 1542. By the 1550s, Bagge was considered the most experienced of Sweden's admirals. He served with Baron Klas Horn (1517– 1566) at Vyborg Castle during 1557. He participated in the battle against the Danish forces at the Battle of Bornholm on May 30, 1563. He subsequently fought in the Northern Seven Years' War of 1563–1570. 
He received his nobility from King Eric XIV of Sweden and in 1559 his land possession was extended. He was associated with the estates Lännersta gård and Boo gård both in Nacka Municipality. He also held Mem Castle (Mems slott) in the parish of Tåby in Norrköping Municipality. 
- Gunnar Unger, llustrerad Svensk sjökrigshistoria: delen. Omfattande tiden intill 1680 (A. Bonnier, 1680), p. 260 (in Swedish). Excerpts available at Google Books.
- "Jakob Bagge". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Jan Glete, Swedish Naval Administration, 1521-1721: Resource Flows and Organisational Capabilities (BRILL, 2010), ISBN 978-9004179165, p. 617
- Carl Martin Rosenberg. "Boo". Geografiskt-statistiskt handlexikon öfver Sverige. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Carl Martin Rosenberg. "Lännersta". Geografiskt-statistiskt handlexikon öfver Sverige. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Mems slott". norrkopingprojekt. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Mems slott". folkbladet.se. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jacob Bagge.|
|This biographical article related to the military of Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the Norwegian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|