Jacuzzi is a corporation that today produces toilets, whirlpool bathtubs, and hot tub spas. Its first product was a portable hydrotherapy unit that sat in the bath. Later, the jet that was used in the portable unit was incorporated into the wall of a swimming pool and later adapted to the wall of a fiberglass bath tub. JACUZZI is a federally registered trademark of Jacuzzi Inc. as of September 5, 1978.
|Founder||Rachele, Valeriano, Joseph, Francesco, Gelindo, Giocondo, Candido Jacuzzi|
|Headquarters||Chino Hills, CA|
|Products||mattresses, hot tubs, bath tubs, showers, toilets, sinks and accessories|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Sundance Spas, ThermoSpas|
Founded in 1915 by seven Italian brothers from Casarsa della Delizia in Northern Italy, led by Giocondo Jacuzzi and Candido Jacuzzi, Jacuzzi and Brothers made wooden propellers under military contracts, based at 2043 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, California. In 1920, the brothers also dabbled briefly with aircraft design and manufacture, with a single-seat monoplane and a seven-seat cabin monoplane. Both aircraft were noted for their use of laminated wood products for fuselage manufacture, but were essentially unsuccessful, with only one of each type being built. In 1921, Giocondo Jacuzzi, a pilot, and two company employees were killed when one of their planes crashed in Modesto. By 1923, the company was styled as Jacuzzi Bros Propellers, with headquarters at 1450 San Pablo Ave.
The company survived to become a whirlpool and bubble bath manufacturer, with the name Jacuzzi eventually becoming synonymous with the bath products regardless of manufacturer.
In 2017, Jacuzzi LLC acquired Hydropool Hot Tubs and Swim Spas, and BathWraps.
- "USPTO-Trademark Search". tmsearch.uspto.gov. USPTO. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- Italia d'America - Repubblica.it » Ricerca
- Hic sunt leones, di Stefano Lorenzetto (ed. Marsilio)
- "THE JACUZZI SEVEN-SEATER MONOPLANE" (PDF). Flight: 147. 3 March 1921. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Jacuzzi Plane Wrecked" Aerial Age Weekly (July 25, 1921): 461.
- Eckland, K.O. "Aircraft of North America 1903-2003". Aerofiles.com. USA. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Jacuzzi Brands Is Going Private. The New York Times (Reuters), October 12, 2006.
- "Jacuzzi Group Worldwide Acquires Assets of ThermoSpas®". finance.yahoo.com. Yahoo!. May 31, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "Official Sponsor of the US Ski Team - Jacuzzi". en.jacuzzi.eu. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Sponsorships". Jacuzzi Hot Tubs in United States. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "U.S. Ski Team Announces Partnership With Jacuzzi Brand". U.S. Ski Team. December 2, 2015. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- "The Jacuzzi Brand is a proud sponsor of the U.S. Ski Team and FIS Alpine World Cup Tour". 3 December 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Industry leader adds leading swim spa company and bath remodel business to its portfolio". Jacuzzi Brands LLC acquires Hydropool and BathWraps. Jacuzzi. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "American airplanes: Ja - Ju". Aerofiles.com. 2008-08-15. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- "No. 9530. Jacuzzi Monoplane". Shumaker Collection. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Jacuzzi Seven Passenger Monoplane". Aviation and Aircraft Journal. 10. 1921. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "No. 6628. Jacuzzi J-7 Reo". Shumaker Collection. Retrieved 8 May 2013.