Jack So Chak-kwong, GBM, GBS, OBE, JP (simplified Chinese: 苏泽光; traditional Chinese: 蘇澤光) is the chairman of the Board of Airport Authority Hong Kong from June 2015. He is a former chairman and Executive Director of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), former chairman and Chief Executive of the MTR Corporation, and former Deputy chairman and Group managing director of PCCW.
In October 2013, he was appointed Chairman of the Consultative Committee on Economic and Trade Co-operation between Hong Kong and the Mainland. In January 2013 he was appointed a non-official member of the Economic Development Commission, and Convenor of its Working Group on Convention and Exhibition Industries and Tourism.
He is Vice-Chairman of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Society, Chairman of Harrow International School Hong Kong, member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, Honorary Consultant to the Mayor of San Francisco, former International Business Advisor to the Mayor of Beijing, and a member of Lantau Development Advisory Committee of Hong Kong Government.
He is an independent non-executive Director of AIA Group Ltd and China Resources Power Holdings Company Ltd., and senior advisor to Credit Suisse, Greater China. So is a former independent director of HSBC and Cathay Pacific Airways Limited.
He is a non-executive Director of American International Assurance Group Limited and China Resources Power Holding Company Ltd., and senior advisor to Credit Suisse, Greater China. So was an independent director of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited from 2000 to 2007 and Cathay Pacific Airways Limited from 2002 to 2015.
In the political aspect, So is a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference from 2008. He was an International Business Advisor to the Mayor of Beijing, and was appointed Honorary Consultant to the Mayor of San Francisco in 2013. He was also appointed by the HKSAR Government as Chairman of the Film Development Council from April 2007 to March 2013.
So's name is found among the Panama Papers, including as an owner of an offshore company Jaderich Limited and as a stock holder of Solid Foundation Limited (SFL). He refused to reveal the business nature of Jarderich Ltd, when he was enquired by the local media. He only stated the company has been inactive for year.
- "2017 Honours List". www.info.gov.hk.
- "蘇澤光決辭地鐵主席". Sing Tao Daily. 13 February 2003. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Thinking big". thepeakmagazine.com. 10 January 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "簡歷 | 投資者關係 | 美國友邦保險有限公司". Investors.aia.com. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Notice of (1) COMPLETION OF SUBSCRIPTION OF NEW SHARES; (2) CHANGE OF DIRECTORS; (3) CHANGE OF BOARD COMMITTEES MEMBERS; (4) CHANGE OF AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE; AND (5) CHANGE OF AGENT FOR THE SERVICE OF PROCESS IN HONG KONG (Huanxi Media Group Limited)" (PDF).
- "中國人民政治協商會議第十一屆全國委員會委員名單-時政-人民網". People's Daily. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "HKU Honorary Graduates – Graduate Detail". www4.hku.hk. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "JACK SO CHAK KWONG - ICIJ Offshore Leaks Database".
- 香港01記者. "【巴拿馬文件】蘇澤光、郭琳廣等法定機構成員均持離岸公司". 香港01.
Media related to Jack So at Wikimedia Commons
- HKTDC farewells Jack So Chak-kwong, on YouTube
H. R. Mathers
| Chairman of the MTR Corporation Limited
|New title|| Chief Executive Officer of the MTR Corporation Limited
| Chairman of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council
| Chairman of the Hong Kong Airport Authority