Harvey John "Jack" McGeorge II (September 29, 1949 – August 18, 2009) was a Marine, a Secret Service Specialist, and a munitions analyst for the U.N. Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), as well as being a frequently recognized regional leader for BDSM advocacy and education. In 2000, on the strength of his published work and demonstrated expertise, McGeorge was offered the opportunity to defend his knowledge of the weaponization of biological and chemical agents before a panel of the Academic Council of the State Research Institute for Organic Chemistry and Technology in Moscow, for which he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree. He was also a founder of Black Rose, an officer of the Leather Leadership Conference, a Director of the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, and a Chairman of the Community-Academic Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities. The Leather Archives and Museum honored him with the Centurion Award and the Pantheon of Leather named him Man of the Year in 2004.
McGeorge died in August 2009 as a complication of open heart surgery.
McGeorge had made no attempt to conceal his involvement in the leather lifestyle; his full name appeared prominently on websites, and he said as much to the Post and other media. He did, however, offer his resignation to Hans Blix, hoping to preserve the credibility of his organization before the weapons inspections in Iraq. Blix refused to accept McGeorge's resignation.
- "Obituaries: Harvey J. McGeorge II". The Washington Post. 2009-08-22.
- Lolita Wolf (2009-08-18). "Jack McGeorge – obituary".
- Harvey J. McGeorge Curriculum Vitae
- "In Memoriam: Jack McGeorge". CARAS. 2009-08-18.
- "Pantheon of Leather XIX". The Leather Journal. 2006.
- "Bye Jack, We’re Proud to Have Known You". Arms Control Wonk .com. 2009-08-19.
- Grimaldi, James V. (2002-11-28). "Weapons Inspectors' Experience Questioned; Va. Man Is Cited As Example; Hiring Process Criticized". The Washington Post.
- A taste of the whip for Saddam.
- No Apologies: The Story Of Jack McGeorge.
- Pleasure, Pain, and Saddam Hussein. A meditation on recreational violence.
- ' 'Weathering the Storm of Public Controversy. Leather Leadership Conference Seven Presentation by Jack McGeorge.
- Public Safety Group.