J. Peter Robinson
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Peter Robinson (born 16 September 1945, in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire) is an English composer, musician, and arranger known for his film and television scores. He studied piano and composition at the Royal Academy of Music and enjoyed a successful career as a session keyboardist throughout the 1970s, working with artists such as Brand X, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Shawn Phillips, Quatermass, Sun Treader/Morris Pert, Carly Simon, Bryan Ferry, Stealers Wheel, Andrew Lloyd Webber and others. He made his film music debut as a solo composer in 1985, scoring a number of successful films including The Believers (1987), The Kiss (1988), Cocktail (1988), Blind Fury (1989), Wayne's World (1992), Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994), Highlander III: The Sorcerer (1994), Vampire in Brooklyn (1995, also directed by Wes Craven), Firestorm (1998), The World's Fastest Indian (2005) and The Bank Job (2008). He also composed for numerous television films and series including The Wonder Years, Eerie, Indiana, Tales from the Crypt, Todd McFarlane's Spawn, The Outer Limits, and Charmed.
J. Peter Robinson
|Birth name||John Peter Robinson|
|Born||September 16, 1945|
|Occupation(s)||film score composer, arranger, musician|
|Years active||1960s – present|
|Associated acts||Brand X, Quatermass, Phil Collins|
In addition he scored the horror films The Wraith (1986) and The Gate (1987) with Michael Hoenig, and scored the English-language version of Godzilla 2000. He also composed music for the 1989 movie The Wizard, as well as two songs from the film Shelter (2007), and music in dozens of episodes of the TV series Charmed.
- Singles :
- 1970 : Black sheep of the family/Good Lord Knows
- 1971 : Gemini/Black sheep of the family
- 1971 : One Blind Mice/Punting
- Album :
- 1970 : Quatermass
- 1970 : Contribution
- 1970 : Second Contribution
- 1971 : Collaboration : Piano, organ, bass on Moonshine and orchestral arrangements on The Only Logical Conclusion.
- 1973 : Bright White : Keyboards and orchestral arrangments on All The Kings And Castles.
- 1974 : Furthermore
- 1974 : Do you wonder
- 1976 : Rumplestiltskin's Resolve
- 1977 : Spaced
- 1978 : Transcendance : Piano on Implication.
- 1972 : No Secrets : Piano on Embrace Me, You Child.
- 1972 : Yvonne Elliman
- 1973 : Food of Love
- Sun Treader
- 1973 : Zin Zin
- 2001 : The Voyage
- Stomu Yamashta's Red Buddha Theater
- 1973 : The Man From The East - Original Score - Peter on Fender Rhodes on 4 songs.
- 2007 : Two Originals - The Man From The East & Red Buddha Theater - Compilation.
- 1974 : Another time another place
- 1974 : Ablution - With John Gustafson, Barry De Souza, Jayson Lindh, Jan Schaffer, Malando Gassama, Ola Brunkert.
- 1975 : Venusian Summer
- 1978 : Masques
- 1979 : Product - With Phil Collins
- 1980 : Do they hurt ? - With Phil Collins
- 1981 : Face Value : Prophet V on Behind the lines.
- 1982 : Hello, I must be going : Piano, vibes on You can't hurry love.
- 1998 : Hits - Compilation : On You can't hurry love
- 2004 : The Platinum Collection - Compilation : On Behind the lines
- 2016 : The singles - Compilation : Peter on Behind the lines and You can't hurry love.
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad (Frida)
- 1982 : Something's Going On - Peter ; keyboards, string and horn arrangements. With Phil Collins, Daryl Stuermer, Steve Vai, Mo Foster, les cuivres Phenix Horns de Earth, Wind & Fire and The Martyn Ford Orchestra. Album produced by Phil Collins.
- 1982 : Acting Very Strange
- 1985 : Behind the Sun - Peter also collaborated on the writing of She's waiting with Clapton, as well as playing synthesizer on 7 songs.
- 1999 : Clapton Chronicles: The Best of Eric Clapton - Compilation
- Police Story (1985) - English-language version
- The Wraith (1986) - with Michael Hoenig
- The Gate (1987) - with Michael Hoenig
- Return of the Living Dead Part II (1987)
- The Believers (1987)
- Police Story 2 (1988) - English-language version
- The Blob (1988) - with Michael Hoenig
- Cocktail (1988)
- The Kiss (1988)
- Blind Fury (1989)
- The Wizard (1989)
- Cadillac Man (1990)
- Wayne's World (1992)
- Encino Man (1992)
- Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) - Themes by Charles Bernstein
- Highlander III: The Sorcerer (1994) - Themes by Michael Kamen
- Rumble in the Bronx (1995) - with Nathan Wong
- Mind Ripper (1995)
- Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)
- Police Story 4: First Strike (1996) - English-language version
- Mr. Nice Guy (1997)
- Firestorm (1998)
- Godzilla 2000 (1999) - with Takayuki Hattori
- Detroit Rock City (1999)
- 15 Minutes (2001)
- Wishcraft (2002)
- Beeper (2002)
- The World's Fastest Indian (2005)
- Quinceañera (2006)
- Shelter (2007)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Blue Crush 2 (2011)
- Seeking Justice (2011)
- Heaven's Floor (2016)
- Mad Families (2017)
- Kate's Secret (1986)
- J. Edgar Hoover (1987)
- Bates Motel (1987)
- When You Remember Me (1990)
- Prison Stories: Women on the Inside (1991)
- Deadly Intentions... Again? (1991)
- Hell Hath No Fury (1991)
- Generation X (1996)
- Buried Secrets (1996)
- Gargantua (1998)
- Brink! (1998)
- Don't Look Down (1998)
- The Linda McCartney Story (2000)
- Black River (2001)
- 12 Days of Terror (2004)
- Rags to Riches (1987) - 3 episodes
- Nightmare Classics (1989) - 1 episode
- The Wonder Years (1990-91) - 16 episodes
- Tales from the Crypt (1990-96) - 6 episodes
- Eerie, Indiana (1991-92) - 5 episodes
- Nightmare Cafe (1992) - 6 episodes
- The Outer Limits (1995-99) - 7 episodes
- Kindred: The Embraced (1996) - 6 episodes
- Perversions of Science (1997) - 2 episodes
- Charmed (1999-2006) - 72 episodes
- The Handler (2003-04) - 8 episodes
- Covert One: The Hades Factor (2006) - Miniseries; 2 episodes
- Deadliest Catch (2009-10) - 17 episodes
- Airplane Repo (2013) - 6 episodes
- Cleaners (2013-14) - 18 episodes