J. P. Dutta
|J. P. Dutta|
Dutta in January 2013
|Born||Jyoti Prakash Dutta
3 October 1949
Bombay, Bombay State, India
(now Mumbai, Maharashtra)
|Occupation||Film director, film producer|
|Spouse(s)||Bindiya Goswami (Wife)|
|Parent(s)||O. P. Dutta (father)|
Dutta produces his films under the banner of JP Films. He is known for directing many patriotic war films and films in the action genre. His films often have ensemble star casts.
In 1998, he was awarded the 'National Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration' from President of India for his super hit film Border. Due to the national scale of the National Film Awards, it is considered equivalent of the American Academy Awards. Ministry of Defense gives him full support for his war films.
He headed the feature film section jury for the National Film Awards (2010), according to sources in the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
In 2013, it was announced that Dutta would undertake sequels to his 1997 film Border, and that Border 2 would star Sangram Singh and Nafisa Ali’s son Ajit Sodhi. He owns the production company titled J P Gene.
- [ Dutta]] (father)
- Bindiya Goswami (Wife)
- "JP Dutta's new film starring daughter Nidhi Dutta finishes its first Schedule". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- JP Dutta to head the jury for the National Film Awards, 18 April 2011, www.pbd.in
- Tuteja, Joginder (25 November 2013). "Sunny Deol's BORDER 2 to go on-floors in January". Glamsham. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Dasgupta, Piyali (10 September 2013). "Sangram Singh in JP Dutta's 'Border 2'". Times of India. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Gupta, Priya (9 October 2013). "JP Dutta to launch Nafisa Ali's son Ajit Sodhi in 'Border 2'". Times of India. Retrieved March 15, 2014.