J. C. Ramírez
Juan Carlos "J. C." Ramírez (born August 16, 1988) is a Nicaraguan professional baseball pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his big league debut in 2013. Ramírez previously played for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Philadelphia Phillies, Seattle Mariners, and Cincinnati Reds.
|J. C. Ramírez|
Ramírez with the Cincinnati Reds in 2016
|Los Angeles Angels – No. 66|
|Born: August 16, 1988|
|June 23, 2013, for the Philadelphia Phillies|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Earned run average||4.72|
With the Class-A Advanced High Desert Mavericks in 2009, he went 8-10 with a 5.12 ERA in 28 games, 27 starts. He was added to the Mariners' 40-man roster on November 20 to protect him from the Rule 5 Draft.
On June 22, 2013, Ramirez's contract was selected and was called up to the Phillies after Mike Adams was placed on the disabled list. He made his MLB debut on June 23 in a game against the New York Mets, and struck out the side with his fastball velocity reaching as high as 98 MPH over one inning.
Ramírez was outrighted off the roster on October 16, 2013. He elected to become a free agent on October 18.
Ramírez signed a minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians on November 1, 2013.
Ramírez signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks prior to the 2015 season.
Ramirez signed with the Cincinnati Reds as a free agent on November 25, 2015. He pitched in 27 games for Cincinnati with a 1-3 record, 6.40 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 28 strikeouts before being claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Angels.
Los Angeles AngelsEdit
Ramirez was claimed off waivers from the Cincinnati Reds on June 26, 2016. He pitched in a career-high 43 games and was an effective member of the bullpen, posting an ERA of 2.91 in 46 innings.
In 2017, Ramirez began the season out of the bullpen, but due to numerous injuries to the Angels rotation he was pushed to a starting role. He was shut down in August after experiencing pain in his forearm. In 24 starts, he went 11-10 in 147 1⁄3 innings.
- "Mariners add six to 40-man roster". rotoworld.com.
- Todd Zolecki (December 16, 2009). "Done: Phils get Doc; Lee to Mariners". Major League Baseball. mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- Matt Gelb (December 17, 2009). "Phils dealt Lee to replenish prospects". The Philadelphia Inquirer. philly.com. Archived from the original on December 19, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- Diamondbacks trade J.C. Ramirez to Mariners - Arizona Sports
- J.C. Ramirez Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
- Angels claim Reds' JC Ramirez off of waivers