Július Torma (March 7, 1922, Budapest – October 23, 1991) was an ethnic Hungarian boxer competing for Czechoslovakia. He won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in 1948 for Czechoslovakia in the category up to 67 kg. He competed in three consecutive Summer Olympics (1948, 1952 and 1956).
|Real name||Július Torma|
|Born||7 March 1922|
Torma defeated Hank Herring of the United States in the 1948 final. Torma also competed as a welterweight in 1952, losing in the quarterfinals; and in 1956, as a Middleweight.
London - 1948 (as a Welterweight)
- Round of 32: Defeated Gusztav Bene (Hungary) on points
- Round of 16: Defeated Clifford Blackburn (Canada) second-round knockout
- Quarterfinal: Defeated Aurelio Diaz (Spain) by disqualification in second round
- Semifinal: Defeated Alessandro D'Ottavio (Italy) on points
- Final: Defeated Hank Herring (United States) on points (won gold medal)
Helsinki - 1952 (as a Welterweight)
- Round of 32: Defeated John Patrick Maloney (Great Britain) by decision, 2-1
- Round of 16: Defeated Louis Gage (United States) by decision, 2-1
- Quarterfinal: Lost to Zygmunt Chychła (Poland) by decision, 1-2
Melbourne - 1956 (as a Middleweight)