Alessandro D'Ottavio (born August 27, 1927, date of death unknown) was an Italian boxer. He won the bronze medal at the Olympic Games in 1948 for Italy in the 67 kg category. He was born in Rome, Italy.
1948 Olympic resultsEdit
Below is the record of Alessandro D'Ottavio, an Italiam welterweight boxer who competed at the 1948 London Olympics:
- Round of 32: defeated George Issaberg (Iran) on points
- Round of 16: defeated Pierre Hernandez (France) on points
- Quarterfinal: defeated Zygmunt Chychla (Poland) on points
- Semifinal: lost to Julius Torma (Czechoslovakia) on points
- Bronze Medal Bout: defeated Duggie Du Perez (South Africa) on points (won bronze medal)
D'Ottavio turned pro in 1950 and captured the vacant Italian light heavyweight title in 1957 with a win over Rocco Mazzola. He retired the following year after a loss to Mazzola.
- "Allessandro d'Ottavio at databaseOlympics.com". Archived from the original on 2007-08-25. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- Alessandro d'Ottavio at the Comitato Olimpico Nazionale Italiano (in Italian)
- Alessandro D'OTTAVIO at the International Olympic Committee
- Alessandro D'Ottavio at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Professional boxing record for Alessandro D'Ottavio from BoxRec
|This biographical article related to an Italian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Italian Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|