Izingane Zoma are a Maskandi group from Nquthu, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Their politically inspired songs have attracted wide discussion and chart success in their home country. This vocal trio has enjoyed a string of gold and platinum-level record sales in the South African market. The group were SATMA nominees in 2011, in the category of Best Video.
|Members||Thandoluni Phungula |
Tholakele Ngobese Busani Khuzwayo
All of the group's songs are composed by the Khuzwayo brothers - Shobeni and Busani. Shobeni is also the Producer of the group, while Busani regularly performs guitar.
The live band includes drums, bass guitar, guitar, concertina, plus of course the vocals and dancers.
- Thandoluni Phungula - lead vocals
- Bongekile Ngobese passed away
- Tholakele Ngobese - vocals
- Busani - guitarist and backing
- Shobeni - producer and backing
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2020||26th SAMA||Best Maskandi Album||Nominated|
- "South Africa Traditional Music Awards Nominees". Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- "'Msholozi' trio fuels Zuma controversy - South Africa | IOL News". IOL.co.za. 2006-02-16. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Africa | Soaring sales for pro-Zuma song". BBC News. 2006-02-16. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Sitahbile, Mafu. "Bulawayo24 NEWS | Ndebeles under an apartheid system in Zimbabwe: Zulu singers". Bulawayo24.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Ncube, Chris. "Anti-Mugabe production set to win". The Zimbabwean. Archived from the original on 2013-05-08. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "DJs suspended over anti-Malema song". The South African. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2013-10-25.