|Full name||Iván Martínez Gonzálvez|
|Date of birth||17 August 1998|
|Place of birth||Roquetas de Mar, Spain|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
(on loan from Osasuna)
|2020||→ Almería (loan)||9||(0)|
|2020–||→ Alcorcón (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 July 2020|
Born in Roquetas de Mar, Almería, Andalusia, Barbero started his career with AD Parador. He then represented Polideportivo Ejido and AD Polideportivo Aguadulce, making his senior debut with the latter on 21 December 2014 by starting in a 3–0 Segunda Andaluza home win against CD La Cantoriana.
Barbero moved to Club Natación Almería in the 2015 summer, returning to youth football. In the following year he joined UD Almería, being initially assigned to the Juvenil A squad; he also represented the reserves in Tercera División during the campaign.
On 17 June 2017, Barbero signed for another reserve team, CA Osasuna B in Segunda División B. On 27 June 2019, after helping the B-team in their promotion back to the third division with 19 goals, he renewed his contract until 2023.
Barbero made his first team debut on 19 December 2019, starting in a 3–0 away win against CF Lorca Deportiva, for the season's Copa del Rey. The following 30 January, he returned to Almería on loan until the end of the season, with an obligatory € 2 million buyout clause in case of promotion.
Barbero made his professional debut on 2 February 2020, coming on as a late substitute for Radosav Petrović in a 1–1 away draw against CD Numancia. On 28 August, he moved to fellow second division side AD Alcorcón also in a temporary deal.
- "El Barbero que marca los goles" [The Barbero who scores goals] (in Spanish). Diario de Almería. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "Osasuna Promesas refuerza su delantera con Iván Barbero" [Osasuna Promesas bolster their forward lines with Iván Barbero] (in Spanish). CA Osasuna. 17 June 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "Osasuna renueva a Barbero" [Osasuna renew Barbero] (in Spanish). CA Osasuna. 27 June 2019. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "Barbero, cedido al Almería con una opción de compra obligatoria en caso de ascenso" [Barbero, loaned to Almería with an obligatory buyout clause in case of promotion] (in Spanish). CA Osasuna. 30 January 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "El Numancia se salva con un dudoso penalti ante el Almería" [Numancia save themselves with a dubious penalty against Almería] (in Spanish). Marca. 2 February 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "El delantero Iván Martínez, "Barbero" nuevo jugador de la A.D. Alcorcón" [Forward Iván Martínez, "Barbero" new player of A.D. Alcorcón] (in Spanish). AD Alcorcón. 28 August 2020. Retrieved 28 August 2020.