Isaiah Israel Broussard (//; born August 22, 1994) is an American actor. He made his film debut in the comedy-drama Flipped, and is known for his roles in the crime film The Bling Ring (2013), the drama Perfect High (2015), the thriller H8RZ (2015), the comedy Good Kids (2016), the slasher film Happy Death Day (2017) as well as its 2019 sequel Happy Death Day 2U, and the teen romance film To All the Boys I've Loved Before (2018).
Broussard in 2019
Isaiah Israel Adams
August 22, 1994
Gulfport, Mississippi, U.S.
Broussard was born in Gulfport, Mississippi, to Angela (née Clapp), a Mary Kay cosmetics consultant, and Lawrence Clayton Adams (1957–1999), who died when Broussard was four. He was raised in Saucier, Mississippi by his mother and stepfather, Gil Broussard, a computer programmer, who later adopted him and his older sister. He has one younger half-brother from his mother's remarriage.
Broussard began his career with small roles as Garrett Einbinder in the comedy-drama Flipped (2010) and Josh in the comedy The Chaperone (2011), before landing the role of Marc Hall in Sofia Coppola's crime film The Bling Ring (2013). He earned praise for his performance in the latter, which was based on the real-life group of teenage burglars, the Bling Ring.
In 2013, Broussard appeared alongside Lily Collins in the music video for M83's "Claudia Lewis", directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. He then portrayed Carson Taft in the Lifetime film Perfect High (2015). The following year, Broussard starred as Mike "Spice" Jennings in the comedy film Good Kids.
Broussard starred as Carter Davis, opposite Jessica Rothe, in Christopher Landon's slasher film Happy Death Day (2017). In 2018, he had a leading role in the alien invasion thriller Extinction, and played Josh Sanderson in the film adaptation of Jenny Han's young adult romance novel To All the Boys I've Loved Before, the latter directed by Susan Johnson. Broussard then reprised his role as Carter Davis in the 2019 sequel Happy Death Day 2U.
On August 21, 2018, days after the release of To All the Boys I've Loved Before, a collection of insensitive and racist tweets by Broussard resurfaced, including on the subject of the Black Lives Matter movement. For instance, after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, Broussard tweeted: "Dogs can sense earthquakes. Too bad Japan ate them all." In addition, he was also found to have liked tweets promoting Sandy Hook conspiracy theories and anti-Muslim tweets. He released an apology on Twitter, stating, "I am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself."
|2013||The Bling Ring||Marc Hall|
|2014||Earth to Echo||Cameron|
|2015||Jack of the Red Hearts||Robert Adams|
|2016||Good Kids||Mike "Spice" Jennings|
|2017||Happy Death Day||Carter Davis|
|2017||Say You Will||Bobby Nimitz|
|2018||To All the Boys I've Loved Before||Josh Sanderson|
|2019||Happy Death Day 2U||Carter Davis|
|2019||Fear of Rain||Caleb||Post-production|
|2010||Romantically Challenged||Justin Thomas||2 episodes|
|2013||Sons of Anarchy||Joey Noone||Episode: "Sweet and Vaded"|
|2015||Perfect High||Carson Taft||Television film|
|2016||Fear the Walking Dead||James McCalister||2 episodes|
|2019||Into the Dark||Spencer||Episode: "All That We Destroy"|
- Broussard, Israel (April 17, 2010). "How To Say "Israel Broussard"". YouTube. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Friar, Amanda (March 13, 2012). "Local store clerk lands role in movie". Rapid City Journal.
- Fitzgerald, Robin (April 12, 2010). "Saucier Teen's Sitcom, Movie Ready to Premiere". Sun Herald.
- Aquino, Tara (June 19, 2013). "Personality Complex: "The Bling Ring" Star Israel Broussard Is Breaking Into La La Land". Interview.
- Hafford, Michael (June 13, 2013). "Discovery: Israel Broussard". Interview. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Rucker, LaReeca. "Israel Broussard: A Mississippi teen in 'The Bling Ring'". The Clarion-Ledger. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Kit, Borys (March 6, 2012). "Leslie Mann, Israel Broussard Cast in Sofia Coppola's 'Bling Ring' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- McGrath, Meadhbh (June 20, 2013). "'The Bling Ring' examines celebrity-obsessed culture". The Daily Californian. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Phillips, Michael. "'Bling Ring' a bright, breezy film with a message'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Travers, Peter. "'The Bling Ring'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- Walker, John (August 6, 2013). "Supervideo Premiere: M83, 'Claudia Lewis' Starring Lily Collins, Israel Broussard + Ashley Rickards". MTV News.
- Reilly, Travis (February 2, 2015). "Bella Thorne to Star as Heroin Addict in Lifetime Movie 'Perfect High'". TheWrap.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (May 12, 2014). "Cannes: Voltage Charges Nerds-Gone-Wild Comedy 'Good Kids'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Klein, Brennan (October 11, 2016). "Christopher Landon's Half to Death scares up Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard". JoBlo.com.
- Galuppo, Mia (March 15, 2017). "'Bling Ring' Star Israel Broussard Joining Alien Invasion Thriller 'Extinction' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Jarvey, Natalie (July 21, 2017). "John Corbett, Lana Condor Join 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' Film (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 1, 2018). "'Happy Death Day 2': Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard Return; Suraj Sharma & Sarah Yarkin Joining Blumhouse Sequel". Deadline Hollywood.
- Casino, Khier (August 19, 2018). "Netflix's To All The Boys I've Loved Before Actor Blasted on Twitter After Racist Tweet Surfaces". Next Shark. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Bonner, Mehera (August 22, 2018). "'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' Star Israel Broussard Apologizes for Crazy-Problematic Tweets". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved August 23, 2018.'
- Broussard, Israel [@israelbroussard] (August 21, 2018). "i am deeply sorty for my inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media. i take full responsibility for my actions and i sincerely apologize. this has been a pivotal life lesson for me. i am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself. much love – israel" (Tweet). Retrieved August 25, 2018 – via Twitter.