Island Venture (radio program)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original release||November 8, 1945– June 20, 1946|
|Sponsored by||Wrigley gum|
Island Venture dramatized the adventures of ex-Navy pilot Gil Perry as he operated the Inter-Island Air Service, based on Ilopan island in the Central Pacific. Episodes also featured Trigger Brett, Berry's partner; Chula, a big shot; Mendoza, who owned a cargo line, and Mendoza's daughter. In February 1946, the character of Nancy Goodwin was added as both the operator of a competing air service and as a romantic interest for Perry.
The cast featured Jerry Walter as Perry, Hugh Rowlands as Brett, Clare Boreum as Mendoza, Willard Waterman as Chula, and Jane Webb as Mendoza's daughter. Others often heard were Norman Gottschalk, Jonathan Hole, and Ken Nordine.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio (Revised ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. p. 349. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3.
- "Island Venture". The Digital Deli Too. Archived from the original on 25 June 2018. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Terrace, Vincent (1999). Radio Programs, 1924-1984: A Catalog of More Than 1800 Shows. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 165. ISBN 978-0-7864-4513-4.
- "Hall Bros. Plans" (PDF). Broadcasting. June 24, 1946. p. 58. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Episodes of Island Venture from Dumb.com
- Episodes of Island Venture from Old Radio Programs
- Episodes of Island Venture from Old Time Radio Researchers Group Library
|This article about a radio show or program in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|