Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu (transl. Fierce punch in a dark room) is a 2018 Indian Tamil-language adult horror comedy film written and directed by Santhosh P. Jayakumar and produced by K. E. Gnanavel Raja. The film stars Gautham Karthik and VJ Sha Ra, with Yashika Anand, Chandrika Ravi, and Vaibhavi Shandilya are in the female leads. The music was composed by Balamurali Balu with cinematography by Ballu and editing by Prasanna GK. The film was released on 4 May 2018.
|Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kathu|
|Directed by||Santhosh P. Jayakumar|
|Produced by||K. E. Gnanavel Raja|
|Edited by||Prasanna GK|
|Music by||Balamurali Balu|
|Distributed by||Studio Green|
Veera is a playboy who is rejected by every potential bride because of that reason. Thendral accepts his marriage proposal with one condition. She demands that he impress her and asks him to take her on a trip in order to know each other better. She also suggests him to bring along another couple. Veera informs his friend Vasu, who tells him that he has a girlfriend named Kavya, who is Veera's ex-girlfriend. When Kavya learns about Vasu's friendship with Veera, she vows to get her hands on him during the trip. The couple then travels to Thailand and rents a bungalow. Their host asks them not to go into a particular room in that bungalow.
One day, Veera and Vasu consume Viagra by accident, and when their girlfriends arrive earlier than expected, they run into the closed room to hide their arousal. There, they find a portrait of an under-dressed woman and masturbate, thereby arousing a ghost. The ghost begins to haunt them. She reveals that she died in an accident as a virgin and will have sex with a virgin to rest her soul. Since both of them are virgins, they are unable to leave the house. The ghost tries several attempts to have sex with Vasu and Veera but fails. They make fun of the ghost, but all their plans go in vain as she takes the form of a beautiful woman.
Since Veera and Vasu's wives know that the ghost is present, they call Jack and Rose, two conmen disguised as Father and nun, respectively. When Jack and Rose encounter the ghost, they too are trapped because they are virgins. For pacifying the ghost, they hire a cook named Babyshri. There, Babyshri falls in love with Jack. From somewhere, another virgin man named Girish Kalyan comes and gets trapped in the house. To execute the plan, they come up with a plan to have a party in which they invite boys and girls, hoping that one of them should be a virgin, but no one is. Veera thinks that his playboy nature is responsible for all this fiasco and decides to have sex with the ghost. Veera almost seduces the ghost, but in the process puts a fire boundary around the ghost on the advice of a Buddhist priest named Swamy. While Swamy controls the ghost, all the others (Veera-Thendral, Vasu-Kavya, Jack-Babyshri & Rose-Swamy's assistant) have sex and lose their virginities, which, in turn, results in the ghost getting killed. While taming the ghost, it is revealed that Swamy and Girish are homosexual men.
- Gautham Karthik as Veera, a playboy
- VJ Sha Ra as Vasu, Veera's friend and bar owner
- Yaashika Aannand as Kavya, Vasu's new girlfriend and Veera's ex-girlfriend
- Vaibhavi Shandilya as Thendral, Veera's girlfriend, later wife
- Chandrika Ravi as Ghost, who died as a virgin and will have sex with one virgin boy to rest her soul
- Motta Rajendran as Jack, a virgin conman disguised as a Father
- Bala Saravanan as Rose, a virgin conman disguised as a nun
- Karunakaran as Girish Kalyan, a gay thief
- Jangiri Madhumitha as Babyshri, a cook with a desire for rope fetish that falls in love with Jack
- John Vijay as Swamy, a gay Buddhist priest who controls the ghost
- K. S. G. Venkatesh as Veera's father
- Dr. Arun Chinniah as House Owner
- Sri Latha as Thendral's mother
- Sreethu Krishnan as Veera's potential bride
- Arya in a special appearance
Following the success of the adult comedy Hara Hara Mahadevaki (2017), K. E. Gnanavel Raja chose to associate with director Santhosh P. Jayakumar and actor Gautham Karthik for another film in the same genre. Titled Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu, Santhosh stated it would be one of the first "adult horror comedy" films shot in the Tamil film industry. Production was briefly delayed due to the FEFSI strike in September 2017, but it duly began later that month. The makers initially attempted to cast Oviya in a lead role, following her rise to fame through the reality show Bigg Boss (2017), but she turned down the offer. Vaibhavi Shandilya was subsequently cast as the lead actress and began shooting for the film in Chennai for a five-day schedule. The team later moved to Thailand to shoot the rest of the film. Actresses Rashmi Gautham and Chandrika Ravi joined the team during the Thailand schedule, with Rashmi later replaced by Yaashika Aanand.
The soundtrack was composed by Balamurali Balu in his second collaboration with actor Gautham Karthik and director Santhosh P. Jayakumar.
|Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Balamurali Balu chronology|
|1.||"Mokka Love Song"||Gaana Kadal, Santhosh P. Jayakumar||Anthony Daasan, Gaana Kadal||3:24|
|2.||"Maanam Pochi"||Gaana Kadal, Ku. Karthik, Santhosh P Jayakumar||Teejay, Gaana Kadal||3:25|
|3.||"IAMK Party Song"||Santhosh P. Jayakumar, Balamurali Balu, Ku. Karthik||Adithya Surendar, Suchitra, Teejay, Vishnupriya Ravi||3:07|
|4.||"Azhukku Jatti Amudhavalli"||MC Vickey||MC Vickey||3:00|
Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu received mixed reviews and become commercial successful venture. Tamil Nadu theatrical rights of the film were sold for ₹5.25 crore.
- "First look poster of Iruttu Araiyil Morattu Kuththu Telugu". 25 December 2018.
- "Gautham Karthik's next is an adult horror comedy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "'Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu'- The title of Oviya's new film irks her fans | India Live Today Movies". India Live Today Movies. 18 September 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Iruttu Arayil Murattu Kuthu to be shot in Thailand". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Thailand calling Gautham and Vaibhavi - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Cast of Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu gets stronger". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu to have three heroines". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "IAMK TN theatrical rights". YouTube.