Irene Taylor Brodsky
Irene Taylor Brodsky
Taylor Brodsky at the 68th Annual Peabody Awards
St. Louis, Missouri
|Alma mater||NYU (BA)|
Columbia University (MA)
|Years active||2004 – present|
- 2009 – The Final Inch was recognized with an Academy Award nomination.
- 2007 – Hear and Now, her first feature film garnered film festival awards, including a Sundance Film Festival Audience Award in 2007. When the it was initially broadcast in 2008, the film earned a Peabody Award.
- 2004 – Heart of the Country won an Emmy Award for an "Outstanding Feature in a Regularly Scheduled Broadcast."
- 2016 – Beware the Slenderman
Brodsky has expanded into film production. She is the founder of Vermilion Films.
- 1997 – Buddhas in Disguise: Deaf People of Nepal?. San Diego, California: DawnSignPress. ISBN 978-0-915-03559-5; OCLC 36364073; the book's stories and photographs shed light on the Deaf culture and community in Nepal.
- 1999 – I Witness: Polygamy. Amazon Prime Video. Main videographer and a producer of a 5 part x 24 minutes series on Alex Joseph's polygamist family just before Alex died of liver cancer.
- International Documentary Association
- Mohammad Gulzar Saifi
- Irene Taylor Brodsky, IMDb (Internet Movie Database)
- White, Thomas. "Meet the Academy Award Nominees: Irene Taylor Brodsky – The Final Inch," International Documentary Association, February 2009.
- "Rochester Native Brings Her Famous Film Home to Benefit Deaf Students,"[permanent dead link] NTID News (National Technical Institute for the Deaf), March 15, 2008.
- "Hear and Now Released on DVD." NTID News. October 21, 2009.
- Vermilion> Work> Filmography
- Vermilion Films
- "Academy Award Recognition for India's Fight to Eradicate Polio," UNICEF. February 18, 2009.
- Deburge, Peter. "Sundance 2007: Hear and Now (Documentary)," Variety. January 20, 2007.
- "Hear and Now Released on DVD." NTID News (National Technical Institute for the Deaf). October 21, 2009.
- "Not just Slumdog..., The Final Inch too in Oscar race," CNN-IBN (Cable News Network-Indian Broadcasting Network) February 3, 2009.
- Pandey, Geeta. "Final Inch towards the Oscars," BBC News. February 19, 2009.
- "Rochester Native Brings Her Famous Film Home to Benefit Deaf Students,"[permanent dead link] NTID News. March 15, 2008.