American Dad! (season 10)(Redirected from Introducing the Naughty Stewardesses)
The tenth season of American Dad! aired on Fox from September 29, 2013, to May 18, 2014. This is the final full season on FOX, as the next season is a mini-season featuring three unaired episodes that FOX quickly aired so they can end the show.
|American Dad! (season 10)|
Region 1 cover art for "Volume 10"
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Original release||September 29, 2013– May 18, 2014|
On August 2, 2013, it was first announced that Mariah Carey would guest voice-star as a redneck character in the 10th season episode "Kung Pao Turkey". The heavily publicized episode aired on November 24, 2013. Also, the Christmas episode "Minstrel Krampus", which would have aired during the previous season but was delayed due to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, aired on December 15, 2013.
Guest voice actors for this season include Zooey Deschanel, Danny Glover, Chloë Grace Moretz, Mark Cuban, Olivia Wilde, Sinbad, Josh Groban, Alan Thicke, Robin Thicke, Gillian Jacobs, Terry Crews, Gary Busey, Mae Whitman, Pete Holmes, Diego Luna, Patrick Stewart, Alison Brie and Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|153||1||"Steve & Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure"||Joe Daniello||Jordan Blum & Parker Deay||September 29, 2013||8AJN01||4.32|
|After failing to get dates for the high school prom, Steve and Snot try using the CIA's cloning machine to make dates, but the machine produces two fast-growing newborn babies, forcing the boys to father them in time for the prom. Meanwhile, Stan takes home the CIA's cloned pet dodo with disastrous consequences.|
|154||2||"Poltergasm"||Pam Cooke & Valerie Fletcher||Matt McKenna||October 6, 2013||8AJN02||4.47|
|In a spoof of the movie Poltergeist, the Smith home is haunted by Francine's unsatisfied sexual drive every time she is left having to fake it, so it is up to Roger – as medium Ruby Zeldastein – to eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley dates a young, Hispanic man named Mauricio, and Klaus goes to Atlantic City for a self-help seminar, but ends up breaking his back and forced to watch the hotel guide channel in his room.|
|155||3||"Buck, Wild"||Josue Cervantes||Brett Cawley & Robert Maitia||November 3, 2013||8AJN05||3.75|
|In order to prove his manhood, Steve accompanies Stan and his CIA buddies on their hunting trip, while Roger and Klaus embark on a cross-country trek.|
|156||4||"Crotchwalkers"||Tim Parsons & Jennifer Graves||Dan Vebber||November 10, 2013||8AJN03||3.55|
|Just to show Steve she is still a "cool" mom, Francine teaches him various shoplifting techniques at the local mall "The Gash". However, their efforts to pull off the ultimate heist result in Steve getting captured and sent to a Venezuelan sweatshop. Meanwhile, Roger, Hayley and Klaus become Langley Falls' first Russian balalaika trio and Stan injures his groin (just as he did in "A Smith in the Hand") and must use a whiteboard to communicate.|
|157||5||"Kung Pao Turkey"||Rodney Clouden||Erik Richter||November 24, 2013||8AJN07||3.86|
|Stan's plans for watching football on Thanksgiving in his underwear are ruined by Francine inviting her adoptive parents over for the holiday. Meanwhile, Francine's mom encourages Hayley (who is still single following Jeff's abduction by aliens) to date again, but her true intentions are revealed at the dinner table.|
|158||6||"Independent Movie"||Shawn Murray||Judah Miller||December 1, 2013||8AJN04||3.50|
|Steve and his friends embark on an epic cross-country road trip to the funeral of Snot's father so that Snot can confront his emotions. However, Snot has no interest in meeting his deceased father, who abandoned him after he was born. Steve's commitment to his friends is put to the test when he falls for a quirky girl. Meanwhile, Stan and Roger invent an automatic cake-cutter with the help of Hideki's investments for the Home Shopping Network, but their partnership is jeopardized by their "verbal agreement" on how to split the profits.|
|159||7||"Faking Bad"||Jansen Yee||John Unholz||December 8, 2013||8AJN08||4.36|
|In this parody of Breaking Bad, Hayley tries to fit in with her old high school friends and discovers Steve's talent for creating fake IDs that can easily be passed for real ones. Seeing this as a business opportunity, Hayley builds out Steve's operation, but find themselves up against another fake ID kingpin in Langley Falls: Kevin Ramage (another of Roger's disguises).|
|160||8||"Minstrel Krampus"||Josue Cervantes||Murray Miller & Judah Miller||December 15, 2013||7AJN19||5.00|
A notorious Christmas demon known as Minstrel Krampus kidnaps a bratty Steve, so Stan and Roger must travel to the North Pole to save him with the help of Stan's estranged father. Meanwhile, Hayley takes a job at the airport to get her family Christmas presents. |
NOTE: This episode was originally supposed to air in the previous season, but was held back due to news coverage of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
|161||9||"Vision: Impossible"||Pam Cooke & Valerie Fletcher||Ali Waller||January 5, 2014||8AJN10||5.03|
|A car accident gives Roger the power to foresee the future, causing the Smiths to pester him with questions of what will happen.|
|162||10||"Familyland"||Joe Daniello||Joe Chandler & Nic Wegener||January 12, 2014||8AJN09||4.47|
|At Francine's insistence, the Smiths go on vacation at a Disneyland-esque theme park called Familyland. Unfortunately, the visit turns disastrous when Roger, Hayley, Stan and Steve all separate to go to different regions of the park. Francine, disappointed in how the park broke up her family, complains in front of a statue of the park's founder Roy Family. As Francine walks off with Klaus, the statue begins to cry and eventually crack revealing the original Roy Family inside. Roy, angry at how his park has failed to be a good influence over families, decides to shut down the park and lock in all visitors. After one week, each member of the Smith family carves out their own personal "kingdom" out of the park while Francine struggles to find a way to end the chaos.|
|163||11||"Cock of the Sleepwalk"||Shawn Murray||Brian Boyle||January 26, 2014||8AJN12||3.30|
|After Stan completes his 100th kill, he accidentally releases a benevolent persona of himself while sleeping, and this new incarnation goes on a spree of doing good deeds that the real Stan would never undertake.|
|164||12||"Introducing the Naughty Stewardesses"||Josue Cervantes||Judah Miller||March 16, 2014||8AJN13||2.71|
|In a parody of Face/Off, Roger switches faces with Steve to help him win over the hot girl at school, but soon decides he wants her for himself – until the girl reveals that she is pregnant with her jock ex-boyfriend's baby. Meanwhile, in a parody of Charlie's Angels, Stan and Francine's vacation to Sacramento gets sidetracked when they befriend a quartet of sexy stewardesses and go undercover to help them thwart Mark Cuban's plan to blow up the sun.|
|165||13||"I Ain't No Holodeck Boy"||Jansen Yee||Matt McKenna||March 23, 2014||8AJN16||2.70|
|Against Francine's wishes, Stan takes Steve and his friends into the woods for some outdoor playtime, where they wind up on the CIA's holodeck. Meanwhile, Hayley claims she is Roger's queen after purchasing his home star on an international star registry.|
|166||14||"Stan Goes on the Pill"||Chris Bennett||Brett Cawley & Robert Maitia||March 30, 2014||8AJN14||2.79|
|Unable to listen to Francine's constant chatting, Stan takes an experimental estrogen pill which allows him to be able to listen to women without zoning out. Things get complicated, however, when Stan's dosage turns him into a woman and Avery Bullock begins making romantic advances towards the now-female Stan. Meanwhile, Roger and Klaus start their own business selling the suits Stan wore as a male, which doesn't go according to plan.|
|167||15||"Honey, I'm Homeland"||Tim Parsons & Jennifer Graves||Dan Vebber||April 6, 2014||8AJN11||2.68|
|Stan infiltrates an Occupy Wall Street protest and ends up being kidnapped and brainwashed. Meanwhile, Roger buys thousands of candles and is unable to sell them, resulting in him and Steve getting carried away while giving each other massages in the attic in an attempt to use them all up.|
|168||16||"She Swill Survive"||Chris Bennett||Rick Singer||April 13, 2014||8AJN06||2.36|
|Stan fears that Hayley has no life skills, so he forces her to take a job as a bartender in Roger's attic in order to make money for rent. However, when Bullock becomes Hayley's best customer, Stan realizes that he can use his daughter's knowledge to get ahead at work. Meanwhile, Steve and Snot watch Das Boot with Klaus, only for Klaus to realize they cannot fully appreciate the movie without telling them every German story that the movie references, much to the boys' annoyance.|
|169||17||"Rubberneckers"||Rodney Clouden||Joe Chandler & Nic Wegener||April 27, 2014||8AJN15||2.40|
|In this partial musical episode, Stan's newfound talent of checking out women on the sly leads to an auto accident, and a tough insurance agent threatens to rat him out to Francine. Meanwhile, after spilling wine on the new couch, Roger and Klaus come up with a far-fetched plan to keep from being caught.|
|170||18||"Permanent Record Wrecker"||Tim Parsons & Jennifer Graves||Brian Boyle||May 4, 2014||8AJN19||2.51|
|CIA budget cuts leave Stan out in the cold, and since his company work record is classified, his only employment opportunity is at a local grocery store that is managed by Steve. Meanwhile, Roger and an annoying coffee-shop musician (guest voiced by Robin Thicke) engage in a wager that leads Roger into a Faustian pact with an infomercial guitar instructor.|
|171||19||"News Glance with Genevieve Vavance"||Shawn Murray||Ali Waller||May 11, 2014||8AJN20||2.40|
|Hayley starts an internship at a local news station under Genevieve Vavance, a Nancy Grace-type reporter who turns out to be Roger in disguise. Meanwhile, Steve pretends to be missing after his sex-ed teacher reads his embarrassing question during a Q&A session, which Hayley and Roger (as Genevieve) manipulate into a far-fetched kidnapping story.|
|172||20||"The Longest Distance Relationship"||Pam Cooke & Valerie Fletcher||Jordan Blum & Parker Deay||May 18, 2014||8AJN18||2.36|
|Hayley is still heartbroken and trying to get over Jeff's abduction, and meets a millionaire named Matt, who helps her deal with the tragedy. However, Steve and Snot discover that Jeff is alive and, along with the ghost of Sinbad, is trying to make his way back to her. Ultimately, Jeff learns that by the time he can make it back to Earth, Hayley will be sixty and would have spent her entire life waiting for him. He goes back in time through the wormhole that he used to enter into Earth, and tells Hayley that he isn't sure if he can make it back to Earth after all, and that he wants her to move on. She accepts, saying she will never forget him, and goes to begin life with Matt, only for him to be killed by Roger upon finding out he is an alien.|
- "Mariah Carey to Voice Redneck on 'American Dad'". EURweb. 2013-08-02. Archived from the original on 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Nathan Francis. "Mariah Carey To Become A Cartoon Character On 'American Dad'". Inquisitr.com. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Bibel, Sara (October 1, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' & 'Bob's Burgers' Adjusted Up; 'Revenge' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up + Final NFL Ratings & Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down + Final NFL Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Revenge' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down, Plus Unscrambled CBS & Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 26, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' The Amazing Race', 'American Dad' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 4, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (December 10, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons', 'Family Guy', 'Revenge' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'Once Upon a Time', 'Betrayal' & '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down, No Adjustment for 'Revenge' or 'Survivor'". Tvbythenumbers. 2013-12-08. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Bibel, Sara (January 7, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Family Guy', '60 Minutes' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons', 'Bob's Burgers', 'The Best of Jimmy Fallon' & 'Betrayal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Mentalist', 'American Dad', 'Family Guy', 'Bob's Burgers' & 'Bachelor Special Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down + 'Golden Globe' Finals". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: '60 Minutes' & 'The Bachelor: Sean and Catherine's Wedding' Adjusted Down + Final Pro Bowl & Grammy Awards Ratings". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time', 'Resurrection', 'America's Funniest Home Videos', 'Cosmos', 'American Dad' & 'Believe' Adjusted Up". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'America's Funniest Home Videos', 'Once Upon a Time', 'American Dad' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes', 'Revenge' & 'The Good Wife' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Good Wife', 'Resurrection', 'Crisis', '60 Minutes' & 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Up; 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-03-23. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time', 'American Dream Builders', 'America's Funniest Home Videos' & 'Resurrection' Adjusted Up". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-04-08. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Resurrection', 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Simpsons', 'The Amazing Race', 'Cosmos', 'The Mentalist' & 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time', 'Revenge' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up; 'Believe', '60 Minutes', 'Dateline' & 'American Dream Builders' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-29.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Simpsons', 'Dateline' & 'Resurrection' Adjusted Up; 'The Good Wife' Adjusted Down". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-04-27. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time', 'American Dad' & 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Up; 'Revenge', 'Cosmos' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Down". TVbytheNumbers. 2014-05-13. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' & 'American Dream Builders' Adjusted Up". TVbytheNumbers. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2014-05-20.