International Association of Arabic Dialectology
AIDA is nowadays the leading international association in this field of research and it has become a center that joins scholars from all over the world who are interested in any aspect of Arabic dialectology, including dialects which have not been described yet, dialectal geography, specific aspects of phonology, morphology and syntax, code-switching, koiné language, pidgin, creole, the lexicon of Arabic dialects, dialectal atlases, comparative and diachronic studies, sociolinguistics, teaching of Arabic dialects, and so on.
AIDA organizes conferences that are held in well-known universities every two years (with some exceptions).
- 12th AIDA Conference – Marseille 2017
- 11th AIDA Conference – Bucharest 2015
- 10th AIDA Conference – Doha 2013
- 9th AIDA Conference – Pescara 2011
- 8th AIDA Conference – Colchester 2008
- 7th AIDA Conference – Vienna 2006
- 6th AIDA Conference – Hammamet 2004
- 5th AIDA Conference – Cádiz 2002
- 4th AIDA Conference – Marrakech 2000
- 3rd AIDA Conference – Malta 1998
- 2nd AIDA Conference – Cambridge 1995
- 1st AIDA Conference – Paris 1993
First Executive Board (1993 - 2004)Edit
- Dominique Caubet (France) – president
- Abderrahim Youssi (Morocco) - vice-president
- Bruce Ingham (Great Britain) – vice-president
- Manwel Mifsud (Malta) – secretary
- Peter Behnstedt (Germany) – vice-secretary
- Martine Vanhove (France) – treasurer
Second Executive Board (2004 - 2015)Edit
- Stephan Procházka (Austria) – president
- Abderrahim Youssi (2004-2013) / Karima Ziamari (2013-2015) (Morocco) – vice-president
- Rudolf de Jong (Netherlands) – general secretary
- Ángeles Vicente (Spain) – treasurer
Current Executive Board of AIDA (May 28, 2015)Edit
► Karima Ziamari (Moulay Ismail University, Meknes, Morocco) – vice-president
► Kristen Brustad (University of Texas at Austin, USA) – vice-president
► Liesbeth Zack (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands) – general secretary
► Veronika Ritt-Benmimoun (University of Vienna, Austria) – treasurer
- "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Arabic Dialectology" (PDF). mohamedrabeea.com. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "George Grigore. 2014. A Bibliography of Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe". Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "AIDA - Association Internationale de Dialectologie Arabe ..." independent.academia.edu. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- AIDA - official site
- Arabic Varieties: Far and Wide. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference of AIDA Bucharest 2015
- AIDA on academia.edu
- The 12th Conference of AIDA - Aix-Marseille University, May 18-20, 2017