Inga Enna Solluthu
Inga Enna Solluthu (English: What does it say here?) is a 2014 Indian Tamil comedy film directed by Vincent Selva, and produced and written by VTV Ganesh who also plays the lead role, with Meera Jasmine and Santhanam in supporting roles. The film released on 30 January 2014 and opened to negative reviews.
|Inga Enna Solluthu|
|Directed by||Vincent Selva|
|Produced by||VTV Ganesh|
|Written by||VTV Ganesh|
|Cinematography||R. D. Rajasekhar|
Sri Thenandal films|
Sun Pictures (presenter)
- VTV Ganesh as Ganesh
- Santhanam as Ezhumugam
- Meera Jasmine as Rajeshwari
- Pandiarajan as Ramalingam
- Swarnamalya as Subha
- Ammu Ramachandran as Ganesh’s Sister
- Mayilsamy as himself
- K. S. Ravikumar as himself
- Silambarasan as Raghu (Guest appearance)
- Andrea Jeremiah (Guest appearance)
- Anthony as Anto (Guest appearance)
- Rajeevan as Rajeevan (Guest appearance)
The first look of Inga Enna Solluthu was released on 14 April 2013 with posters featuring VTV Ganesh, Meera Jasmine and Santhanam. It was revealed that the film would be directed by Vincent Selva, would have R. D. Rajasekhar, Anthony and Dharan handling the cinematography, editing and music respectively. The title of the film is taken from VTV Ganesh's famous line from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. The team subsequently shot portions in Singapore. In May 2013, Ganesh roped in Silambarasan to play a guest role in the film and the team shot scenes with the actor in Goa.
|Inga Enna Solluthu|
|Soundtrack album to Inga Enna Solluthu by Dharan Kumar|
|Released||5 December 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Dharan Kumar chronology|
Baradwaj Rangan wrote, "the episodes are so dull, the screenplay so crude and disjointed that we feel we've smoked some pot and slipped into a surreal dream". The Times of India gave 1.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "This is the stuff of V Sekar's films in the 90s and some of those...were reasonably entertaining despite the didactic filmmaking...but, this film doesn't really have a clue on what it wants to be — a full-on drama, an existential comedy, or even a dramedy". The New Indian Express wrote, "The quick change of locations, crisp editing and Simbu’s screen presence hold up the film, which, otherwise, would have been a total downer. It was a knot with potential. Selva could have worked out the screenplay in a more interesting manner". Sify wrote, "there isn't anything interesting in it. Director V Selva fails to make it interesting, characterisation is weak and it drags big time".
Rediff gave 1.5 stars out of 5 and called the film "a total waste of time". IANS gave 1 star out of 5 and wrote, "It is not because Ganesh plays the lead that Inga Enna Solludhu is unarguably boring, but because it is a shoddily written story that fails to entertain. It's a film that makes a success story look like a joke on screen". Deccan Herald wrote, "V T V Ganesh turns Inga Enna Solludhu into a putrefied ego trip, soaked in self-pity, thanks to director Vincent Selva pandering Ganesh’s whims without much qualms about his own reputation".
- "Sun Pictures bags Inga Enna Solludhu!". The Times of India. TNN. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Audio Beat: Inga Enna Solludhu – Fun-filled frames – The Hindu
- Inga Enna Solludhu Review – Oneindia Entertainment
- "Inga Enna Solludhu First Look". IndiaGlitz. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Features, Express (21 May 2013). "Taking Inga Enna places". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Simbu, the lucky charm!, Inga Enna Solludhu, klta". Behindwoods. 11 May 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Inga Enna Solluthu audio launch tomorrow". Chennaivision.com. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (14 December 2013). "Audio Beat: Inga Enna Solludhu – Fun-filled frames". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Inga Enna Solludhu: Get surreal! - The Hindu
- Inga Enna Solludhu movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India
- Inga Enna Solludhu Stays Afloat on Star Support – The New Indian Express
- Movie Review : Inga Enna Solludhu
- Review: Inga Enna Solludhu is boring – Rediff.com Movies
- Movie review: Vincent Selva's Inga Enna Solludhu is a damp squib – Hindustan Times
- Silly soporific soaking in self-indulgence