Infanta Josefina Fernanda of Spain (English: Josephine Fernanda; 25 May 1827 – 10 June 1910) was an Infanta of Spain.
|Infanta Josefina Fernanda|
|Born||25 May 1827|
|Died||10 June 1910 (aged 83)|
José Güell y Renté
|House||Bourbons of Spain|
|Father||Infante Francisco de Paula of Spain|
|Mother||Princess Luisa Carlotta of the Two Sicilies|
She was a daughter of Infante Francisco de Paula of Spain and his first wife and niece, Princess Luisa Carlotta of the Two Sicilies, and married José Güell y Renté in 1848. Her marriage was a morganatic love match which caused Queen Isabel II of Spain to exile her. She returned to Spain in 1852 and was rehabilitated in 1855. Her spouse made a political career and she herself was known as a supporter of the progressive forces during the Spanish Revolution of 1854.
|Ancestors of Infanta Josefina Fernanda of Spain|
- Calvo Maturana, Antonio Juan. "Francisco de Paula Antonio María de Borbón". Diccionario biográfico España (in Spanish). Real Academia de la Historia.
- Mateos Sáinz de Medrano, Ricardo. "Luisa Carlota de Borbón y Borbón". Diccionario biográfico España (in Spanish). Real Academia de la Historia.
- Genealogie ascendante jusqu'au quatrieme degre inclusivement de tous les Rois et Princes de maisons souveraines de l'Europe actuellement vivans [Genealogy up to the fourth degree inclusive of all the Kings and Princes of sovereign houses of Europe currently living] (in French). Bourdeaux: Frederic Guillaume Birnstiel. 1768. p. 9.
- Genealogie ascendate, p. 96
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica. 10 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. .
- Navarrete Martínez, Esperanza Navarrete Martínez. "María de la O Isabel de Borbón". Diccionario biográfico España (in Spanish). Real Academia de la Historia.