Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture
Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture (انڈس ویلی اسکول آف آرٹ اینڈ آرکیٹیکچر) (Sindhi: انڊس ويلي اسڪول آف آرٽ اينڊ آرڪيٽيڪچر) is a not-for-profit degree awarding institution in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The university was established in 1989, thereby empowering it to award its own degrees and was the fourth private institution of higher learning in Pakistan to be given a university status. As of 2008, IVS was the third highest ranking art and design university in Pakistan.
انڈس ویلی اسکول آف آرٹ اینڈ آرکیٹیکچر
Institution actually opened in 1990
|Director||Faiza Mushtaq (Executive Director)|
The degrees offered include a 5-year degree program in Architecture and 4 year degree programs in Interior Design, Textile and Communication Design, and Fine Arts. The core degree courses are supported throughout the curriculum with liberal arts courses as well. In 2020, IVS commenced its first graduate programme, M.Phil. in Art and Design. It is a two year degree focusing on nurturing critical and creative practice.
IVS was founded by
- Arshad Abdulla - Architect
- Haamid N. Jaffer - Businessman
- Imran Mir - Artist and Designer
- Inayat Ismail - Chartered Accountant
- Nighat Mir - Designer
- Noorjehan Bilgrami - Artist, Designer, Researcher
- Shahid Abdulla - Architect
- Shahid Sajjad - Artist, notable sculptor.
- Shehnaz Ismail - Textile Designer, Educator, President's Pride of Performance Award
- Syed Akeel Bilgrami - Architect, Educator.
- Bilal Maqsood - Artist, singer, musician, songwriter, composer
- Sarwat Gilani - Actress and model
- Shamoon Sultan - Textile Designer - Owner and Founder of Khaadi
- Omar Omari - Architect, Member Provincial Assembly (PTI)
- Huma Mulji - Highly acclaimed artist and educator
- Adeela Suleman - Internationally acclaimed sculptor with exhibitions that are scattered across the globe; had studied art at this institution.
- Ahmed Ansari - Assistant Professor at New York University at the Integrated Digital Media program
The I.V.S. Alumni Association was established in November 2001 and is supported by the school. The association periodically publishes a newsletter, organizes social events and keeps a close liaison with the school. The alumni office is located on the campus.
- KARACHI: 51 receive degrees at Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture Dawn (newspaper), Published 9 December 2001, Retrieved 9 March 2019
- HEC (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan) Recognized Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2019.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Overview Profile of Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture on topuniversities.com website Retrieved 9 March 2019
- Zimyad Ahmed (24 September 2011). "Old masters and new: Indus Valley School celebrates 20 years of beauty and brains". The Express Tribune (newspaper). Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Asif Noorani (28 May 2017). "THE LAST REFUGE OF AN ARTIST". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 9 March 2019.