Indru Pol Endrum Vaazhga (transl. Live Forever Like Today) is a 1977 Indian Tamil-language film, directed by K. Shankar, starring M. G. Ramachandran and Radha Saluja. It was released on 5 May 1977, ran for over than 100 days in theatres and became a hit at the box office.
|Indru Pol Endrum Vaazhga|
|Directed by||K. Shankar|
|Written by||K. Kalimuthu|
|Produced by||V. D. L. Subbhaiya|
V. D. L. S. P. Lakshamanan
|Starring||M. G. Ramachandran|
|Cinematography||T. V. Raja Ram|
|Edited by||K. Shankar|
S. M. Sundharam
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (September 2021)
Because he was humbled by his betrothed, Murugan a nice provincial, makes himself find in the capital, an even more beautiful and more intelligent wife who will like him for what he is: A simple man of the country. He will not be at the end of his surprises, but will finally find the one person in a million; of the name of Mainaga (Radha Saluja).
- M. G. Ramachandran as Murugan
- Radha Saluja as Menaka
- Vijayakumar as Kumar
- M. N. Nambiar as Guruviah
- Thengai Srinivasan as "All in All" Arunachalam
- K. Kannan as Kanna, Kumar's manager
- V. Gopalakrishnan as Gobi
- S. V. Sahasranamam as Maya's father
- Trichy Soundararajan as K. P. Swamy (alias Kuppuswamy), Ganga's father
- Vennira Aadai Nirmala as Ganga, Kumar's lover
- Pandari Bai as Kumar and Menaka's mother
- V. Gopalakrishnan as Menaka's love interest
- Peeli Sivam as Villager
- S. N. Lakshmi as Maya's mother
- Karikol Raju as Villager
- Idichapuli Selvaraj as Kuppuswamy's secretary
- Samikkannu as Villager
- T. K. S. Natarajan as Housekeeper
Soundtrack was composed by M. S. Viswanathan. The songs "Anbukku Naan Adimai" and "Idhu Nattai Kaakum" were well received and, extensively promoted by Ramachandran during his election campaigns. An article in The Washington Post noted that both songs were instrumental in the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam's victory in the 1977 Indian general election in Tamil Nadu.
|1.||"Ithu Nattai Kaakkum Kai"||Muthulingam||T. M. Soundararajan||4:03|
|2.||"Pudhumai Pengal"||Pulamaipithan||Vani Jairam||5:36|
|3.||"Welcome Hero"||Na. Kamarasan||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela & Sasirekha||5:51|
|4.||"Anbukku Naan Adimai"||Muthulingam||K. J. Yesudas||4:44|
|5.||"Idhayathil Irundhu"||Pulamaipithan||T. M. Soundararajan & P. Susheela||4:39|
|6.||"En Yoga Jaathagam"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam & Vani Jairam||5:52|
- "எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நடித்த படங்களின் பட்டியல்". Ithayakkani (in Tamil). 2 April 2011. Archived from the original on 14 November 2018. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Former Speaker dead". The Hindu. 9 November 2006. Archived from the original on 28 November 2018. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- Kantha, Sachi Sri (27 December 2019). "MGR Remembered – Part 54 | An Overview of the Final 31 movies of 1970s". Ilankai Tamil Sangam. Archived from the original on 31 October 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- "Indrupol Endrum Vaazhga ( 1977 )". Raaga.com. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Evergreen and universal appeal". The Hindu. 22 March 2008. Archived from the original on 9 May 2021. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- Kolappan, B. (29 March 2014). "Hit songs that won polls for AIADMK". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 13 April 2021. Retrieved 17 February 2021.