Indian Telephone Industries Limited(Redirected from Indian Telephone Industries)
Indian Telephone Industries Limited, commonly known as ITI Limited, is a state-owned manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in India. It was founded in 1948, and today has six manufacturing facilities which produce a range of switching, transmission, access and subscriber premises equipment. It is headquartered at Bengaluru ( Bangalore).
|Government of India Undertaking|
|CMD: Sundaram Gopu|
Number of employees
It produces GSM mobile equipment at its Mankapur and Raebareli Plants. These two facilities supply more than nine million lines per annum to both domestic as well as export markets. It also produces Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment such as network management systems, encryption and networking solutions for internet connectivity, and secure communications networks and equipment for India's military. The company has above 3500 employees as on October 2017.
ITI has been assigned the job of Biometric enrollment for the project of National Population Register under aegis of Registrar General of India to cover entire population above 05 years of age residing in India at Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, West Bengal, Assam, Meggalaya, Gujarat, Goa, Arunachal Pradesh & Uttrakhand states.
- "Article: ITI to develop IP phones. (Internet).(Indian Telephone Industries)". India Telecom. 1 May 2002. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "ITI bags order from Alcatel". BusinessLine. 2 March 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "Govt gives 200 crore Soft Loan to ITI to pay off Salaries". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "ITI for Biometric Enrolment" (PDF). ITI. 01-10-2013. Check date values in:
- "About National Population Register". ITI. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Revival of Indian Telephone Industries at Bangalore". Press Information Bureau Government of India. Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. 25 August 2005. Retrieved 9 February 2010.