In a Biskit
In a Biskit is a line of snack crackers produced by Nabisco. Originally released in the United States as Chicken in a Biskit in early 1964, the line has since grown to be available internationally with a variety of flavours. In the U.S., the product is flavoured with dehydrated cooked chicken, but international formulations differ because of varied manufacturing. While Australian Kraft Chicken in a Biskit (manufactured in China) lists chicken meat among the ingredients, an independent chemistry assay detected "no protein from any meat species" in the product.
In Australia, Nabisco also produced Vegemite, bacon and nacho flavoured "biskits", as well as more traditional flavours such as barbecue, crispy potato and salt and vinegar. In a Biskit crackers are packaged in a 175–200 gram box or a "Multi-pack" containing 10 bags of 25 grams each. Multi-packs are used in several Nabisco products and were introduced as part of the In a Biskit line in August 1999. All the 'In a Biskit' range were discontinued in spring 2015 in Australia.
In the United States, the Chicken in a Biskit and Swiss in a Biskit variants are currently available as part of a line of crackers known as Flavor Originals that includes Better Cheddars, Sociables and Vegetable Thins. Chicken in a Biskit is available in original and barbecue flavors.
- "Chicken in a Bisket" (advertisement). Ebony. 19 (5): 141. 1 March 1964. Retrieved December 29, 2018.
JUST HATCHED! Great new snack cracker, Chicken in a Biskit
- "NABISCO CHICKEN IN A BISKIT CRACKERS". snack works. Nabisco. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- "Chicken in a Biscuit box scan". Lifestyle Therapies. April 19, 2009. Archived from the original on 2013-12-14. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Rolfe, John (26 March 2010). "No chook, just crackers". thetelegraph.com.au.
We couldn’t get a result because there was no protein from any meat species there
- "Ritz In a Biskit chicken and Dixie Drumstick snacks discontinued in Australia". www.heraldsun.com.au. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to In a Biskit.|