|I Want Candy|
|Directed by||Stephen Surjik|
|Written by||Pete Hewitt |
|Produced by||Barnaby Thompson |
|Edited by||Alex Mackie|
|Music by||Melanie C |
|Distributed by||Buena Vista International|
|Box office||$2.4 million|
A group of film students at Leatherhead University in search of funding for their feature film The Love Storm end up having to rewrite and make it into a pornographic film. This leads the boys head first into a world of erotica that they did not even know existed and into the life of actress Candy Fiveways (Carmen Electra).
Channel 4, gave it a positive review. Empire Magazine called it "A warm-hearted, smutty comedy that, if predictable, has a likeable cast and plenty of zip.".Time Out wrote: "despite the usual failings of a cash-strapped British film – unconvincing subplots, continuity errors, ropey bit-part actors – this cheerful exploitation of ‘The Full Monty’ formula still entertains."
I Want Candy was released on DVD on 20 August 2007. It was rated 15. The special features included on the DVD were deleted scenes, bloopers, and 'The Making Of...'. It also included scenes which were from the official website like "Joe and Baggy's 10 tips to making a film" and "What's your porn star name?."
- "I Want Candy (2007)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "I Want Candy (2007)". Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- I Want Candy Movie Review (2007) from Channel 4 Film
- "I Want Candy". Empire. 23 February 2007.
- I Want Candy movie review – Time Out London
- "UK Film Box Office Mar 23-Mar 25, 2007". Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2007.
- "UK Film Box Office Mar 30-Apr 01, 2007". Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to I Want Candy (film).|