IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Championship
The IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Championship is a singles professional wrestling championship promoted by International Wrestling Revolution Group (IWRG) since May 2008. The official definition of the Lightweight class in Mexico is between 70 kg (150 lb) and 77 kg (170 lb), but are not always strictly enforced.[Note 1] Being a professional wrestling championship, it is not won legitimately; it is instead won via a scripted ending to a match or awarded to a wrestler because of a storyline.
|IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Championship|
The championship belt
|Promotion||International Wrestling Revolution Group|
|Date established||May 29, 2008|
|Date won||August 5, 2018|
The Lightweight championship is considered a secondary championship in IWRG, with the IWRG Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship being considered the primary championship of the promotion. Pantera I is the current champion, having defeated Diablo Jr. in the finals of a tournament for the vacant championship. Pantera I is the 13th overall champion and the 12th wrestlers to have won the championship. The Lightweight championship was first won by Freelance in Naucalpan, Mexico when he won a 10-man elimination match. The championship has only changed hands in Arena Naucalpan on IWRG promoted shows. Only Tetsuya Bushi has held the title twice, he is also the person with the shortest reign, 35 days, while Impossible has the record for the longest reign so far, 1,142 days in total.
|No.||Overall reign number|
|Reign||Reign number for the specific champion|
|Days||Number of days held|
|(NLT)||Championship change took place "no later than" the date listed|
|†||Championship change is unrecognized by the promotion|
|+||Current reign is changing daily|
|No.||Champion||Championship change||Reign statistics||Notes||Ref.|
|1||Freelance||May 29, 2008||Caravana de Campeones (2008)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||255||Defeated Areoman as the last man in a 10-man elimination match.|||
|2||Tetsuya||February 8, 2009||Revolucionarios de IWRG (2009)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||35||Defeated Freelance and Dr. Cerebro in 3-way match.|||
|3||Zatura||March 13, 2009||Caravana de Campeones (2009)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||95|||
|4||Trauma II||June 18, 2009||Revolucionarios de IWRG (2009)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||59|||
|5||Avisman||August 16, 2009||Guerra Revolucionaria (2009)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||102|||
|6||Tetsuya Bushi||November 26, 2009||IWRG Homenaje a El Pantera||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||2||45|||
|7||Dr. Cerebro||January 10, 2010||Revolucionarios de IWRG (2010)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||385|||
|8||Comando Negro||January 30, 2011||Caravana de Campeones (2011)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||277|||
|9||Dinamic Black||November 3, 2011||El Castillo del Terror (2011)||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||49|||
|10||Carta Brava, Jr.||December 22, 2011||Arena Naucalpan 34th Anniversary Show||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||192|||
|11||Chicano||July 1, 2012||IWRG show||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||365|||
|12||Imposible||July 7, 2013||IWRG show||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||1,142|
|—||Vacated||August 22, 2016||IWRG show||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||—||—||Imposible declared that he was moving up to the middleweight division|||
|13||Pantera I||November 13, 2016||IWRG show||Naucalpan, State of Mexico||1||630||Defeated Diablo Jr. in the finals of a sixteen-man tournament|||
|—||Vacated||August 5, 2018||—||—||—||—||Vacated aftrer Pantera had not defended the championship since January 2018|
Championship reigns by combined lengthEdit
|†||Indicates the current champion|
|¤||The exact length of at least one title reign is too uncertain to calculate.|
|Rank||Wrestler||# of reigns||Combined days|
|6||Carta Brava, Jr.||1||192|
|Pantera I||W||Pantera I||W|
|Demonio Infernal||Pantera I||W|
|Diablo Jr.||W||Diablo Jr.|
|Dragón Fly||W||Dragón Fly|
- Lizarraga, Alfonso (November 14, 2016). "Golden Magic masacrado y Pantera I nuevo campeón ligero". The Gladiatores Magazine (in Spanish). Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana 2008". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 6, 2008. 296. Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- Arturo Montiel Rojas (August 30, 2001). "Reglamento de Box y Lucha Libre Professional del Estado de Mexico" (PDF). Comisión de Box y Lucha Libre Mexico D.F. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 30, 2006. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
Articulo 242: "Ligero 70 kilos / Welter 77 kilos"
- Velazquez, Israel (May 30, 2008). "Resultados de IWRG: Caravana de Campeones (jueves 29 de mayo)". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 27, 2009.
- Islas, Alejandro (March 23, 2009). "Caravana de Campeones". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Mexico, D.F. pp. 14–15. 307.
- Rivera, Manuel (July 18, 2009). "Dr. Cerebro venció a Juvi en dos al hilo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Mexico, D.F. p. 17. 320.
- Reyes, Eduardo (August 16, 2009). "Resultados IWRG, Avisman Destrona A El Trauma II y Chico Che Rapa A Black Terry" (in Spanish). Estrellas del Ring. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
- "Arena Naucalpan 26 de Noviembre" (in Spanish). The Gladiatores. December 1, 2009. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Nuevo Campeón Ligero En La IWRG". Estrellas del Ring (in Spanish). January 11, 2010. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Comando Negro ahora es campeón". Mi Lucha Libre. January 31, 2011. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
- Reyes Ruiz, Eduardo (November 4, 2011). "Golden Magic triunfador en el "Castillo del Terror" Drako la victima". Estrellas del Ring. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- Mexicool, Rey (December 23, 2011). "IWRG (Resultados 22 de dic.): Trauma I gana la máscara del Oficial AK-47 – Eterno y Carta Brava Jr., nuevos campeones Welter y Ligero de IWRG". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- Mexicool, Rey (July 2, 2012). "IWRG (Resultados 01/07/12): Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 salva su máscara y se convierte en el nuevo Campeón Junior de Junior's". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Mejía Eguiluz, Diego (August 23, 2016). "Hijo de Dos Caras aún es el júnior a vencer" (in Spanish). The Gladiatores. Retrieved August 26, 2016.