Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER-K or IISER Kolkata) is an autonomous science research and education institute in Nadia district, West Bengal, India, awarding its own degrees. It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2006 and promoted to the status of an Institute of National Importance in 2012 vide the NIT Amendment Act. It is one of seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, and was the first of the IISERs to be established along with IISER Pune.
|Motto||Towards Excellence in Science|
|Campus||Rural, 201 acres|
Admission is done through the three channels open for all IISERs:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced (JEE-Advanced)
- State and Central Boards (SCBs)
A maximum of 50% of the seats are assigned to KVPY and JEE-Advanced students. Students applying through SCBs also need to take Common IISER Aptitude Test, and are assigned by merit on this test.
The institute hosts the Centre of Excellence for Space Sciences (CESSI) and a Max Planck-DST Partner Group of Chemical Ecology funded by the Max Planck Society. It also has a field station for ecological, environmental and field studies, and a broadband seismological observatory. The institute jointly runs the Göttingen-Kolkata: Open shell systems (G-KOSS) in fundamentals of molecular spintronics with Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
The college organizes a major annual festival, Inquivesta,  which is promoted as one of the first and the biggest science fest of the country. IISER Kolkata has also been hosting VIJYOSHI (the national science camp), along with IISc Bangalore and the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, since 2014.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2019)||40|
- "Dr. Arvind Natu Nominated as Chair of Board of Governors of IISER Kolkata". sakaltimes.com. 20 March 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- NIT Amendment Act, 2012
- url="https://www.iiseradmission.in/?page_id=25" Retrieved 4 October 2018
- Departments at IISER Kolkata
- CESSI IISER Kolkata
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen - Göttingen-Kolkata: G-KOSS. Uni-goettingen.de (2013-07-07). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Inquivesta Home Page
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.