Goitia with Málaga in 2009
|Full name||Iñaki Goitia Peña|
|Date of birth||2 March 1982|
|Place of birth||Barakaldo, Spain|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He spent most of his professional career in Segunda División, totalling 265 appearances for Málaga B, Málaga, Betis, Mirandés and Alavés. He added 29 La Liga matches over three seasons, in representation of the second and third clubs.
Goitia was born in Barakaldo, Biscay. After starting with modest clubs in the Basque region, he moved in 2003–04 to Málaga CF, spending his first two years with the B-side in the second division. In February 2006 he made two La Liga appearances, in two defeats in which he conceded seven goals; the season ended in relegation, while the reserves also dropped down a level.
In 2007–08, Goitia finally won the battle for first-choice status over longtime incumbent Francesc Arnau, appearing in 41 out of 42 games as the Andalusians returned to the top flight after two years. The following campaign, however, the latter began as the starter but, after some costly mistakes, the former was reinstated.
Late during the season, despite having a contract running until 30 June 2009, Goitia refused to play against his future team Real Betis fearing that he would be criticised if he allowed goals (as his future team was fighting to avoid relegation). The four-year deal was officialized in early June 2009, and he featured in 25 matches in his second year as they returned to the top tier as champions.
- Manzano da otra imagen al Mallorca (Mallorca look different under Manzano); El País, 20 February 2006 (in Spanish)
- Manita del Atlético a un pésimo Málaga (Atlético fiver to horrible Málaga); Sport, 25 February 2006 (in Spanish)
- El Málaga es el tercer equipo más goleado de Primera (Málaga are the team with the third-most goals conceded in Primera); Viva Fútbol, December 2008 (in Spanish)
- Goitia, fuera de la convocatoria tras hablar con Tapia (Goitia, out of squad after talking with Tapia); Marca, 23 May 2009 (in Spanish)
- Goitia: "He obrado por el bien del club" (Goitia: "I did what was best for the club"); Málaga CF, 26 May 2009 (in Spanish)
- El Betis hace oficial el fichaje de Goitia (Betis make Goitia's signing official); Diario de Sevilla, 5 June 2009 (in Spanish)
- Un ascenso de portería a portería (A promotion from goal to goal); ABC, 12 May 2011 (in Spanish)
- El portero Iñaki Goitia ficha por el Mirandés (Goalkeeper Iñaki Goitia signs for Mirandés); El Correo, 12 July 2012 (in Spanish)
- El Alavés ficha al portero titular del Mirandés (Alavés sign Mirandés' starting goalkeeper); El Correo, 2 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- La nueva vida de Goitia (Goitia's new life); Diario Sur, 29 November 2015 (in Spanish)