PT Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (HMMI) is an automobile manufacturing plant located in Cikarang, Bekasi Regency, Indonesia. The plant and a separate sales company, PT Hyundai Motors Indonesia (HMID) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Hyundai Motor Company.
|Parent||Hyundai Motor Company|
It replaced the role of Hyundai Indonesia Motor (renamed to Handal Indonesia Motor since November 2020), a locally-owned company which held rights to assemble Hyundai cars in Indonesia since 1996, while HMID replaced the role of Hyundai Mobil Indonesia (HMI), the locally owned distributor of Hyundai cars in Indonesia from 1999 to 2021.
The plant is built in a 77.6 ha land in Cikarang and has been operated since the second half of 2021 with the annual capacity of 150,000. Half of the output will be exported to the neighbouring countries in Southeast Asia. A total of US$1.55 billion (Rp 21.7 trillion) will be invested to the plant along with the future product developments until 2030.
The HMMI plant has engine, outfitting, painting, press and car body factories, mobility innovation center, among others. It is also characterized by the application of various eco-friendly methods. Some of the plant's electricity is produced with solar power generation facilities, and volatile organic compounds were minimized by the water-soluble painting method. Furthermore, air pollution reduction facilities were used to reduce air pollution and heat loss was minimized by applying far-infrared ovens to the painting process.
|Model||Indonesian introduction||Current model||Current production status|
|Introduction (model code)||Update/facelift|
|Creta||2022||2022 (SU2)||—||Assembled in Indonesia|
|Ioniq 5||2022||2022 (NE)||—||Assembled in Indonesia|
|Santa Fe||2001||2018 (TM)||2021||Assembled in Indonesia since 2022|
|Palisade||2020||2020 (LX2)||2022||Imported from South Korea|
|Stargazer||2022||2022 (KS)||—||Assembled in Indonesia|
|Staria||2021||2021 (US4)||—||Imported from South Korea|
- Hyundai Accent/Excel
- Hyundai Arya H-100
- Hyundai Atoz
- Hyundai Avega/Grand Avega
- Hyundai Azera/Grandeur
- Hyundai Coupé
- Hyundai Elantra
- Hyundai Getz
- Hyundai H-1/Grand Starex
- Hyundai H-100
- Hyundai i10/Grand i10
- Hyundai i20
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric
- Hyundai Kona/Kona Electric
- Hyundai Matrix
- Hyundai Sonata
- Hyundai Tucson
- Hyundai Trajet
- ^ "Bisnis Otomotif Hyundai di Indonesia Akan Diurus 3 Perusahaan Ini". kumparan (in Indonesian). Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- ^ "About Us". Handal Indonesia Motor (in Indonesian). Retrieved 3 November 2021.
- ^ fea. "Pabrik Kecil Hyundai di Indonesia Tetap 'Ngebul'". teknologi (in Indonesian). Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- ^ "Resmi! Hyundai Motor Bangun Pabrik Pertama di Cikarang". suara.com (in Indonesian). 26 November 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- ^ Siregar, Efrem. "Di Depan Jokowi, Hyundai Siap Bangun Pabrik Mobil Rp 21 T". news (in Indonesian). Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- ^ "Hyundai Launches its First Manufacturing Plant in Indonesia to Produce BEVs". evehicletechnology. Retrieved 16 March 2022.