Hyundai Assan Otomotiv
The Hyundai Assan Otomotiv San ve Tic. A.Ş. is an automotive company based in Kozyatagi, Istanbul, Turkey, established at the end of 1994, as a joint venture between the Hyundai Motor Company of South Korea and the Kibar Holding of Turkey. It is operating a manufacturing plant located in İzmit, Turkey that was opened in September 1997 and produces Hyundai automobiles and commercial vehicles.
|Products||Automobiles, commercial vehicles|
|203,157 vehicles (2014)|
|Revenue||US$ 961.9 million (2011)|
|Owner||Hyundai Motor Company (70%)|
Kibar Holding (30%)
Number of employees
The company was established at the end of 1994, as a 50–50% joint venture between the South Korean manufacturer and the Kibar Holding of Turkey, with the goal of opening a new manufacturing facility in İzmit, after the Hyundai brand's introduction to the country in 1990. The ground breaking ceremony of the factory was held on 25 September 1995. It was completed and started mass production in July 1997, with the official opening ceremony being held on 20 September 1997.
The factory covers 108,000 m2 of the 233,000 m2 total area and has an annual production capacity of 210,000 units (increased in 2013 from an initial of 125,000 units, with a US$609 million investment), the company being the fifth largest automaker in Turkey. The total first stage investment was US$180 million. The first two models produced were the Hyundai Accent and the Grace, the Starex being added to the line-up in 2002, the Matrix in 2007, and the i20 in 2010. On 15 July 2014, the company produced its one millionth vehicle.
Korean car parts companies like Hyundai mobis, Assan hanil and Assan posco stainless mill have plant near Hyundai Assan turkey factory
Current models in productionEdit
Former models in productionEdit
- "Hyundai Assan, üretim ve ihracatta rekor kırdı". Ajansotomobil.com. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "HYUNDAI ASSAN OTOMOTIVE SANAYI (HAOS)". Hyundai Motor America Newsroom. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Osd Üyeleri" (PDF). Otomotiv Sanayii Derneği 2011. 11 November 2011. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 May 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Ufuk Sandık: Hyundai yenilenen Accent'i Türkiye'de üretmeye başladı". Hurriyet. 14 February 2000. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Hyundai Assan". Otomotiv Sanayii Derneği. Archived from the original on 28 May 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Hyundai Assan Otomotiv Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş." Kibar Holding. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Hyundai Türkiye fabrikasi 500 bininci aracini üretti". Hyundai Assan Otomotiv. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Plant in Turkey Produces 1 Millionth Vehicle". Hyundai Motor Company. 15 July 2014.
- "2014 Quick Facts" (PDF). Hyundai Motor Company. 5 February 2014. p. 11. Retrieved 9 April 2016.