|Education||Yonsei University - Philosophy |
Korean Academy of Film Arts - Filmmaking
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Revised Romanization||Heo Jin-ho|
Heo Jin-ho graduated from Yonsei University with a degree in philosophy and went on to study filmmaking at the Korean Academy of Film Arts. His first steps as a film director did not go unnoticed as his first short, For Go-chul, was selected for the Vancouver International Film Festival. He later co-wrote the script of A Single Spark and Kilimanjaro. Many of his feature films, Christmas in August (shown at the Critics' Week in Cannes in 1998), One Fine Spring Day (2001), April Snow (2005), Happiness (2007) and A Good Rain Knows (2009) are variations on Hur's favorite theme: love. Film critic Kim Ji-mi says in Korean Film Observatory magazine (No. 23), Hur "shows the outstanding talent of being able to grasp the sensitive moments of the beginning and ending of a love between a man and a woman" (p. 22).
- 1993: For Go-chul (short film) - director
- 1993: To the Starry Island - assistant director
- 1995: A Single Spark - screenplay, assistant director
- 1998: Christmas in August - director, screenplay
- 1998: City of the Rising Sun - actor
- 2001: One Fine Spring Day - director, screenplay
- 2001: Kilimanjaro - screenplay
- 2004: Alone Together (short film from omnibus Twentidentity) - director
- 2004: My New Boyfriend (short film) - director
- 2005: April Snow - director, screenplay
- 2007: Happiness - director, screenplay
- 2009: I'm Right Here (short film from omnibus Five Senses of Eros) - director
- 2009: A Good Rain Knows - director, screenplay, producer
- 2012: Dangerous Liaisons - director
- 2016: The Last Princess - director
- 2019: Forbidden Dream - director
- 2019: The Present - short film, director
- 2021: The Dinner - director
- 2021: Lost (TV series) - director
- 2010: A Nap - director
- [단독 "드라마 첫 도전"…'인간실격' 허진호 감독, 씨제스와 계약]
- "Breakout talent roll". Variety. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hartzell, Adam. "Happiness". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Kim, June (18 November 2014). "Casting Begins for HUR Jin-ho's THE LAST PRINCESS". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-11-19.
- Jin, Min-ji (3 January 2019). "Local filmmakers drop the big budgets in favor of diverse genres: This year, Korean film will be ambitious without breaking the bank". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Zuveri, Rhythm (31 October 2019). "Trailer for Upcoming Korean Film "The Present" by Hur Jin-ho". Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Conran, Pierce (5 February 2021). "HUR Jin-ho Project Invited to Hong Kong-Asia Film Financing Forum". Retrieved 2021-02-13.
- Jang, Kyung-jin (11 February 2010). "Filmmaker Hur Jin-ho tries his hand in directing a play". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hur Jin-ho.|
- Hur Jin-ho at the Korean Movie Database
- Hur Jin-ho at IMDb
- Heo Jin-ho at HanCinema
- Hur Jin-ho at the Korean Movie Database (in Korean)
- 허진호 (Jin-ho Hur) at Cine21 (in Korean)
- 허진호 at Naver (in Korean)