Hubbard Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
Hubbard Township is one of the twenty-four townships of Trumbull County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 14,304 people in the township, 6,020 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
|Hubbard Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Location of Hubbard Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||24.6 sq mi (63.7 km2)|
|• Land||24.5 sq mi (63.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||951 ft (290 m)|
|• Density||584.0/sq mi (225.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087034|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Brookfield Township – north
- Hermitage, Pennsylvania – northeast
- Shenango Township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania – east
- Coitsville Township, Mahoning County – south
- Youngstown – southwest
- Liberty Township – west
- Vienna Township – northwest corner
Name and historyEdit
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. pp. 62–63.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.