Htang Gam Shawng
Htang Gam Shawng is a Kachin political and military leader. He is the vice chairman of the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) and the commander in chief of the Kachin Independence Army. Shawng was also previously the chief of staff of the KIO.
|Htang Gam Shawng|
|Vice Chairman of the KIO|
Assumed office |
27 January 2018
|Preceded by||N'Ban La|
|Political party||Kachin Independence Organisation|
|Service/branch||Kachin Independence Army|
- Phanida, Daw (3 January 2018). "Dialogue policy will remain unchanged despite leadership change in KIO". Mizzima. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Kachin Militia Appoints New Leaders Amid Ongoing Hostilities With Myanmar Forces". Radio Free Asia. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "General N'Ban La becomes KIO chairman | Eleven Myanmar". www.elevenmyanmar.com. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) | Myanmar Peace Monitor". mmpeacemonitor.org. Myanmar Peace Monitor. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Kumbun, Joe (2 January 2018). "Analysis: KIO Kicks Off New Year with New Leadership". The Irrawaddy. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
|This Burmese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to an Asian military person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|