Hoyte van Hoytema
Hoyte van Hoytema, ASC, FSF, NSC, (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌɦɔi̯tə vɑn ˈɦɔi̯təma]; born 4 October 1971) is a Dutch-Swedish cinematographer who studied at the National Film School in Łódź. Some of his high-profile work include Let the Right One In (2008), The Fighter (2010), Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), Her (2013), the James Bond film Spectre (2015), and Ad Astra (2019). Van Hoytema is also known for his collaboration with director Christopher Nolan, having shot Interstellar (2014), Dunkirk (2017), and Tenet (2020). Van Hoytema's work has been highly praised by both film critics and audiences alike, which earned him multiple awards, including one Academy Award nomination and three BAFTA Award nominations for Best Cinematography.
Hoyte van Hoytema
Van Hoytema at the premiere of Call Girl in 2012
|Alma mater||National Film School in Łódź|
|Organization||American Society of Cinematographers|
Swedish Society of Cinematographers
Netherlands Society of Cinematographers
|Awards||Guldbagge Award for Best Cinematography|
2008 Let the Right One In
2009 The Girl
2012 Call Girl
Life and workEdit
Van Hoytema was born in Horgen, Switzerland, to Dutch parents. The family moved back to the Netherlands when he was a baby. "I'm not really affiliated with Switzerland, I'm born there, that is all. My parents were there very briefly. They are both from Holland. I'm Dutch, but it has been over 20 years since I was in The Netherlands. What has been important for my career has taken place in Sweden. I have a Swedish wife and a Swedish daughter, and I feel adopted by Sweden. I feel most connected to Sweden." 
He has shot several feature films, documentaries, and successful television series. His collaborations with directors Mikael Marcimain, Tomas Alfredson, and Christopher Nolan have won him critical acclaim and several national and international prizes.
In 2005 Van Hoytema founded the photo-sharing website Woophy with Joris van Hoytema and Marcel Geenevasen, but it went offline on December 24, 2013, for financial reasons.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2003||Svidd neger||Erik Smith Meyer|
|Tarifa Traffic: Death in the Straits of Gibraltar||Joakim Demmer||Documentary|
|2004||Chlorox, Ammonium and Coffee||Mona J. Hoel|
|2007||Nach der Musik (A Father's Music)||Igor Heitzmann||Documentary|
|2008||Let the Right One In||Tomas Alfredson|
|2009||Flickan (The Girl)||Fredrik Edfeldt|
|2010||Ond tro (Bad Faith)||Kristian Petri|
|The Fighter||David O. Russell|
|2011||Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy||Tomas Alfredson||Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Cinematography|
|2012||Call Girl||Mikael Marcimain|
|2014||Interstellar||Christopher Nolan||Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Cinematography|
|2017||Dunkirk||Christopher Nolan||Nominated- Academy Award for Best Cinematography|
Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Cinematography
|2019||Ad Astra||James Gray|
|2002||Den förste zigenaren i rymden (The First Gypsy in Space)||Agneta Fagerström-Olsson||Mini-series|
|2004||Danslärarens återkomst (The Return of the Dancing Master)||Stephan Apelgren|
|2005||The Laser Man||Mikael Marcimain|
|2006||En fråga om liv och död (A Matter of Life and Death)||Håkan Lindhé||Mini-series|
|2007||How Soon Is Now?||Mikael Marcimain|
|2009||Doktor Glas||Various||TV movie|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Karlsson, Mats (March 1, 2014). "Hoyte van Hoytema: "Jag är ett stort Spike Jonze-fan"". MovieZine. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Desowitz, Bill (2019-09-19). "'Ad Astra': How Cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema Made the Moon and Planets Avant-Garde". IndieWire. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Hoyte Van Hoytema - Awards - IMDb".
- "Hoyte van Hoytema: "Jag är ett stort Spike Jonze-fan"". MovieZine. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Guldbaggenomineringar 2008". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). January 10, 2010. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Hoyte van Hoytema". Swedish Film Database. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Peterson, Jens; Holmqvist, Emilia; Wejbro, Sandra (January 8, 2010). "De kan vinna baggar". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "The ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography". Archived from the original on 2010-11-12.
- BAFTA Film Awards Nominations in 2012, bafta.org, 17 January 2012.
- Reynolds, Simon (12 February 2012). "Orange BAFTA Film Awards 2012 winners list – in full". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Nomineringarna till Guldbaggen" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan.se. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Fellman, Erik (January 21, 2013). "Guldbaggen 2013 : Vinnare" (in Swedish). Filmkritikerna. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- "Bafta Film Awards 2015: Winners". BBC News. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "2018 Oscar Nominations: 'The Shape of Water' Leads With 13 Nominations". New York Times. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
|This article about a cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|