How Do We Tell Our Children?
How Do We Tell Our Children? (German: Wie sagen wir es unseren Kindern?) is a 1949 German comedy film directed by Hans Deppe and starring Leny Marenbach, Mathias Wieman and Hilde Körber. The film was made by the major German studio UFA in 1944, but was not released until several years after the end of the war.
|How Do We Tell Our Children?|
|Directed by||Hans Deppe|
|Produced by||Erich Holder|
|Music by||Hans-Otto Borgmann|
|Distributed by||Stern-Film Verleih|
|21 December 1949|
In a suburb of Dresden, a widowed doctor with four children lives opposite a divorcee with three children. Gradually they fall in love despite the constant feuding between their children.
- Leny Marenbach as Käthe Westhoff
- Mathias Wieman as Dr. Thomas Hofer
- Hilde Körber as Adele
- Ernst Waldow as Diesing
- Babsi Schultz-Reckewell as Sigrid
- Edmund van Kann as Klaus
- Jürgen Tusch as Wölfchen
- Hans-Dieter Gotzmann as Erich
- Herbert Stetza as Theo
- Hans Neie as Kurt
- Jürgen Peter Jacoby as Pepi
- Franz Schafheitlin
- Alexa von Porembsky
- Holmstrom p. 523
- Rentschler p. 268
- Holmstrom, John. The Moving Picture Boy: An International Encyclopaedia from 1895 to 1995, Norwich, Michael Russell, 1996.
- Rentschler, Eric. The Ministry of Illusion: Nazi Cinema and Its Afterlife. Harvard University Press, 1996.
|This article related to a German film of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|