|• Association||Hollywood Neighborhood Association|
|• Coalition||Central Northeast Neighbors, Inc.|
|• Total||0.1797 sq mi (.4654 km2)|
|• Density||5,900/sq mi (2,300/km2)|
|• No. of households||758|
|• Occupancy rate||96% occupied|
|• Owner-occupied||115 households (15%)|
|• Renting||643 households (85%)|
|• Avg. household size||1.4 persons|
Although a mixed commercial and residential area, it serves primarily as a shopping district to the adjacent neighborhoods of Grant Park and Laurelhurst, as well as to riders of the MAX Light Rail System. The Hollywood District also figures in Beverly Cleary's Klickitat Street series of books, a fact memorialized in a display at the Hollywood Library, which also provides a Beverly Cleary walking tour. The first pedestrian crossing light in Oregon was installed in the Hollywood District, across the street from the Hollywood theater.
The Hollywood District was originally part of the Rose City Park subdivision which was platted in 1907. The original Rose City Park subdivision was part of the Donation Land Claim of Joseph Backenstos. The land was later assigned to his widow by U.S. President Andrew Johnson in 1866. 1890s-era maps refer to the area as the Crook Tract.
The Hollywood District is home to the Hollywood Farmers Market, a year-round Saturday farmers' market located on NE Hancock Street between 44th and 45th Avenues, which runs weekly from April through November, and twice-monthly from December through March. The Hollywood Boosters started "Hollywood at Night" in summer of 2006. This is a monthly neighborhood event that takes place on the third Thursday of every month to bring together residents and local businesses.
- Rose City Park Neighborhood History Book: celebrating 90 years since the platting of the Rose City Park subdivision in 1907 (1997, 4th addition); Rose City Park Neighborhood Association, 47 p., Maps.
- Media related to Hollywood, Portland, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons
- Hollywood Neighborhood Association
- Hollywood District history from Portland State University
- Hollywood Boosters neighborhood business association
- Guide to Hollywood Neighborhood from Portlandneighborhood.com
- Northeast Community Center Not-for-profit neighborhood organization providing activities, classes, and fitness facilities
- Hollywood Farmers Market
- Grant Park Neighborhood Association
- Hollywood Street Tree Inventory Report