Hollywood is a Brazilian brand of cigarettes, currently owned and manufactured by Souza Cruz, a subsidiary of British American Tobacco. Is one of the best-known and sold cigarette brands in Brazil, just behind the Derby brand.
An old Brazilian pack of Hollywood cigarettes.
|Owner||Souza Cruz, a subsidiary of British American Tobacco|
|Produced by||Souza Cruz, a subsidiary of British American Tobacco|
|Tagline||"Isto é Hollywood" ("This is Hollywood"), "Isto é Hollywood, O Sucesso!" ("This is Hollywood, what a success!").|
In 1903, Albino Souza Cruz, a manufacturer of cigarettes, settled in Rio de Janeiro and created a company to sell different brands of cigarettes. In 1931, he announced the launch of the Hollywood cigarettes, which gradually became famous for using a slogan known as "success".
In the early 1970s, Souza Cruz invented the slogan "Isto é Hollywood" ("This is Hollywood"), popularizing the image through rustic and well related young practicing extreme sports. The motto remains alive to this day: ""Isto é Hollywood O Sucesso" ("This is Hollywood success").
The "young" practicing various kinds of sports, who were the characters in the TV advertisements, were responsible for the success of the brand by associating it with the idea of adventure. The appeal took, too, to the patronage of a pioneer rock festival organized in Brazil, Hollywood Rock, in the summer of 1975 in Rio de Janeiro. The event was recorded in the breakneck pace of the same year.[original research?]
In the 1990s, more ads were displayed, of which the "Flying Lap" commercial was one of them.. TV sponsorship for Hollywood, as well as various other brands, ended once the Brazilian parliament voted to repeal cigarette advertisements on public television.
During 1993 until 1999 the Dick Simon Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing and PacWest Racing was sponsored by Hollywood cigarettes. Maurício Gugelmin drove the car. And was the main sponsor of Mo Nunn Racing during the 2000 and 2001 season.
- Hollywood Original (Red)
- Hollywood America (Blue)
- Hollywood Australia (Orange)
- Hollywood California (Black)
- Hollywood Caribbean (Green)
- Hollywood Fresh (Menthol)
|Hollywood Original (Red)||10 mg||0,8 mg||10 mg|
|Hollywood America (Blue)||7 mg||0,7 mg||7 mg|
|Hollywood California (Black)||10 mg||0,9 mg||10 mg|
|Hollywood Caribbean (Green)||6 mg||0,6 mg||7 mg
- "BrandHollywood - Cigarettes Pedia". Cigarettespedia.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Hollywood cigarettes breaks two minute TV commercial in Brazil". Adage.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Brazil - brands of cigarettes smoked - Survey 2016". Statista. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "1977 "Hollywood" March 761 Ford Cosworth F1. Silverstone Classic 2008". Pinterest.
- Boxes, Por Dentro Dos. "Por Dentro dos Boxes: Out..."
- "Alex Ribeiro (Germany 1977)". DeviantArt.
- "Hollywood". Zigsam.at. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Brands". Cigarety.by. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "marcas brasileiras". 2.gol.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.