Hochschild Mining plc is a leading British-based silver and gold mining business operating in North, Central, and South America. It is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with a corporate office in London, is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The main shareholder is the Peruvian businessman Eduardo Hochschild.
|Eduardo Hochschild, Chairman|
Ignacio Bustamante, CEO
|Revenue||$811.4 million (2021)|
|$179.4 million (2021)|
|$71.1 million (2021)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Compania Minera Ares, Minera Santa Cruz, International Minerals, Andina Minerals, Compania Minera Arcata|
The company was founded in 1911 by Moritz "Mauricio" Hochschild, one of South America's three tin barons. He had mining operations in several countries, primarily in Bolivia and Chile.
The company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2006. It started operations at the San José mine in Argentina in June 2007, at the Moris mine in Mexico in August 2007, and at the Pallancata mine in southern Peru in September 2007.
In 2012 local people in Chumbivilcas complained about the Ares mine and the government of Peru decided to suspend operations in Ares on a temporary basis so it could carry out an environmental audit.
The Company has mines in the following locations:
- Peru – Arcata, Pallancata and Inmaculada mines
- Argentina – San José mine
- ^ a b c d "Preliminary Results 2021" (PDF). Hochschild Mining. Retrieved 23 February 2022.
- ^ Waszkis, Helmut. "Book Review: Dr. Moritz (Don Mauricio) Hochschild 1881-1965. The Man and His Companies. A German Jewish Milling Entrepreneur in South America" (PDF). Mining History Association. p. 151. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- ^ "Hochschild plans London IPO". Mining Journal. 13 October 2006. Archived from the original on 13 October 2006. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- ^ Hill, Liezel (21 September 2010). "Hochschild, Minera Andes settle lawsuit". Mining Weekly. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- ^ "Hochschild Mining - production commences at Moris mine in Mexico". mineweb.net. 13 August 2007. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011.
- ^ "Pallancata Mine". intlminerals.com. International Minerals. Archived from the original on February 28, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2020.
- ^ Dube, Ryan (13 February 2012). "HudBay Minerals says Peru copper project on track". Marketwatch.com. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- ^ "Our operations". Hochschild Mining. Retrieved 22 April 2017.