Hindrek Ojamaa (born 12 June 1995) is an Estonian professional footballer who plays as a right back for Estonian club Paide Linnameeskond and the Estonia national team.
|Full name||Hindrek Ojamaa|
|Date of birth||12 June 1995|
|Place of birth||Tallinn, Estonia|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9+1⁄2 in)|
|2013–2014||Nõmme Kalju II||34||(6)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 17 April 2023|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 30 August 2022
Ojamaa first played for Kotkas Junior, and joined the Levadia youth academy in 2006 when Kotkas Junior merged with Levadia. He made his debut in the Meistriliiga on 10 September 2011, in a 6–0 home victory over Ajax and scored his first Meistriliiga goal three days later, in a 7–0 away win over the same team.
On 1 March 2013, Ojamaa signed a three-year contract with Nõmme Kalju. He mainly played for the club's reserve side, Nõmme Kalju II, making only a single Meistriliiga appearance for the first team.
On 18 July 2014, Ojamaa joined Tammeka for the remainder of the 2014 season.
Return to LevadiaEdit
On 5 March 2015, Ojamaa returned to Levadia on a two-year contract.
On 20 July 2017, Ojamaa joined Finnish Veikkausliiga club JJK for the remainder of the 2017 season. He made his debut in the Veikkausliiga on 23 July 2017, in a 1–1 away draw against VPS.
On 16 December 2017, Ojamaa signed a two-year contract with VPS.
On 3 January 2021, Ojamaa returned to Estonia signing for Paide Linnameeskond.
Ojamaa began his youth career in 2010 with the under-16 team. He also represented the under-17, under-18, under-19, under-21, and under-23 national sides.
Ojamaa made his senior international debut for Estonia on 6 January 2016, in a 1–1 draw against Sweden in a friendly.
Ojamaa has two older brothers. Henrik is also a professional footballer, while Harri ended his football career at the age of 19 due to an injury and is now a sports agent.
- ^ "Ojamaa liitus kolmeks aastaks Nõmme Kaljuga" [Ojamaa joined Nõmme Kalju for three years]. Postimees (in Estonian). 1 March 2013.
- ^ "Tammeka hankis Ojamaa ja Tutki" [Tammeka acquired Ojamaa and Tutk] (in Estonian). Soccernet.ee. 18 July 2014.
- ^ "Levadia täiendas kaitseliini Hindrek Ojamaaga" [Levadia strengthen defensive line with Hindrek Ojamaa] (in Estonian). Estonian Football Association. 5 March 2015.
- ^ "Juba kümnes Eesti jalgpallur siirdus Soome kõrgliigasse" [Already 10th Estonian footballer heading to the Finnish top flight] (in Estonian). ERR Sport. 20 July 2017.
- ^ "Ojamaa tegi Soome liigas debüüdi" [Ojamaa debuted in the Finnish league] (in Estonian). ERR Sport. 24 July 2017.
- ^ "Hindrek Ojamaa siirdus eestlastele tuttavasse Soome klubisse" [Hindrek Ojamaa moved to a Finnish club familiar to Estonians] (in Estonian). ERR Sport. 16 December 2017.
- ^ "Hindrek Ojamaa liitus Paidega". soccernet.ee. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "Eesti tegi Abu Dhabis 1:1 viigi Rootsiga" [Estonia drew Sweden 1–1 in Abu Dhabi] (in Estonian). Estonian Football Association. 6 January 2016.
- Hindrek Ojamaa at the Estonian Football Association (in Estonian)
- Hindrek Ojamaa national team profile at the Estonian Football Association (in Estonian)
- Hindrek Ojamaa – UEFA competition record (archive)