This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2022)
Hilton Chennai is a five-star luxury hotel located on Jawaharlal Nehru Road at Guindy, Chennai, India. It is located next to the Olympia Technology Park and close to the Kathipara Junction. Built in the Indo-Saracenic style with an initial investment of ₹ 4,000 million, it is Hilton's fourth Indian property after Hilton (Janakpuri), Hilton Garden Inn (Saket), both in New Delhi, and Hilton Mumbai International Airport. and was inaugurated by Indian Overseas Bank Chairman and Managing Director M. Narendra on 28 February 2011.
|Hotel chain||Hilton Hotels & Resorts|
|Address||124/1, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, |
Chennai, Guindy, Tamil Nadu 600 032
|Opening||28 February 2011|
|Owner||Empee Hotels Limited|
|Design and construction|
|Architect(s)||Wimberley Allison Tong & Goo (WATG)|
|Number of rooms||204|
The 9-storied hotel is built on a 42-ground land and has 204 rooms, including 2 Executive Suites, 16 Junior Suite, 7 Hilton Deluxe Room, 58 Hilton Executive Rooms, 121 Hilton King Guest Rooms. The interiors were designed by Hong Kong's DiLeonardo and Dallas-based Wilson and Associates. There are 5 food and beverage offerings at the hotel namely, Ayna (pan-Indian restaurant), Vintage Bank (wine and cheese bar), Q Bar (a rooftop bar and grill), Vasco (an all-day dining global cuisine restaurant with live kitchens on the third floor) and Est (24 hour contemporary cafe and lounge).
The first floor has divisible 445 m2 ballroom, two meeting rooms and a boardroom with latest audio visual technology. The ballroom, named the Hilton Grand Ballroom, with a ceiling height of 5.9 m can hold 750 people.
The rooftop features an outdoor 15-foot by 80-foot (25 m) infinity swimming pool designed in such a way that guests can gaze at the cityscape while swimming laps.
Along with all this, Hilton Chennai also showcases a 24-hour Fitness Center by Precor along with Executive Lounge located at fourth floor.
The exterior design of the hotel originally consisted of arches and cornices reminiscent of traditional Indian architecture. The hotel appointed SRSS Architects to redesign the building's exterior envelope. The new design was thus modified to include a palette of polished granite, metal accents, Indian Jali screens, and custom light fixtures featuring Indian motifs. The interior were designed by DiLeonardo Hospitality Design.
- CN Traveller (8 September 2011). "Chennai's best business hotels". Condé Nast Traveller. CNTraveller.in. Retrieved 17 July 2021.
- Rajarajan. "Hilton Hotel Guindy". InChennaiS.
- "Media Room". Empee Group. Archived from the original on 22 November 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Hilton's Chennai property to open today". The Financial Express. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Hilton Chennai opens". The Hindu. Chennai. 1 March 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Empee unveils Hilton Chennai hotel". The Hindu. Chennai. 26 February 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- Anand, Swati (27 January 2011). "5-star platter for city". The Times of India epaper. Chennai: The Times Group. Archived from the original on 10 December 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Mamtora, Anushya (2011). "Hilton Chennai review - A chic cocoon in Chennai's backyard". Business Line. Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Hilton Chennai Hotel" (PDF). Hilton e-Brochures. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Otley, Tom (23 August 2011). "Hotel check: Hilton Chennai". Business Traveller. Chennai: BusinessTraveller.com. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Karantzavelou, Vicky (4 March 2011). "Hilton Hotels & Resorts opens first hotel in Chennai, India". Travel Daily News. Chennai: TravelDailyNews.com. Archived from the original on 21 October 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Hoge, Sharon King (1 July 2011). "Hilton Chennai". Global Traveler. Chennai. Archived from the original on 13 October 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Hilton Hotel Chennai". Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart. Retrieved 5 April 2014.