"Hey Porsche" is a song by American rapper Nelly, released as the lead single from his seventh studio album M.O. (2013). The song's music video, directed by Ethan Lader and featuring a vintage Porsche 356A convertible, was released on March 1, 2013. The song has peaked at number forty-two on the Billboard Hot 100. Internationally, "Hey Porsche" peaked within the top ten of the charts in Australia, Austria, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
|Single by Nelly|
|from the album M.O.|
|Released||February 19, 2013|
|Producer(s)||DJ Frank E|
|Nelly singles chronology|
Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the song a negative review, stating:
The genre in question is the ultra-radio-friendly-light-R&B-dance one that has already reached the darkest corners of the planet courtesy of Flo Rida. "Come and let me slide under so I can work on you," he tells his car/mistress over guitar strums synthesised to within an inch of their life. The result might be an easy smash, but it won't leave a lasting impression. .
Drew Millard of the blog Noisey gave the song a positive review stating:
There is no way to get around it; this is an unabashed pop-country song and it's done with the skill and precision of someone who's been making skilled and precise pop-rap since before most of us hit puberty. Reaction to the song has been mixed, at best. Duncan Cooper at Fader started his blog post on it by saying, "This is not a good song," and then goes on to write a fairly comprehensive paragraph on the song anyway. Meanwhile on Noisey's British side, Ryan Bassil called it "terrible" and "amazing" in the span of two sentences. He's only half right, because "Hey Porsche" is nothing short of stunning, and if you don't fully understand that you are on the losing side of the culture war that is engulfing America. It's Wendesday [sic], and I'm already prepared to crown this the Best Thing I Heard This Week. .
A music video for the track was filmed in a desert outside of Los Angeles with Ethan Lader being the director. It premiered via Nelly's VEVO channel on March 1, 2013. The video features a vintage Porsche 356A convertible.
Charts and certificationsEdit
|United States||February 19, 2013||Digital download|
- Itunes Single. Apple Australia. Retrieved 2013-02-25
- Nelly: 'Hey Porsche' - Single review. Digital Spy. digitalspy.co.uk/
- "Australian-charts.com – Nelly – Hey Porsche". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Nelly – Hey Porsche" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Nelly Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: Change the chart to CZ – RADIO – TOP 100 and insert 201318 into search.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Nelly – Hey Porsche". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 15, 2013". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Charts.nz – Nelly – Hey Porsche". Top 40 Singles.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201316 into search.
- "Swisscharts.com – Nelly – Hey Porsche". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Nelly Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Nelly Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "2013 Annual ARIA Singles Chart". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved December 29, 2019.
- "Jahreshitparade Singles 2013". austriancharts.at. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- "Top 100 Single-Jahrescharts". GfK Entertainment (in German). offiziellecharts.de. Retrieved December 29, 2019.
- "MAHASZ Rádiós TOP 100 - radios 2013" (in Hungarian). MAHASZ. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "End of Year Singles Chart Top 100 – 2013". Official Charts Company. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2013 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Nelly; 'Hey Porsche')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "NZ Top 40 Singles Chart". RIANZ. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "British single certifications – Nelly – Hey Porsche". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved May 1, 2018. Select singles in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type Hey Porsche in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.